the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 hummer h3 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jermsy 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jermsy
Hello,
I just installed an Autopage RS-730 on my 2006 Hummer H3.
I own a mobile electronics and detailing business and have installed hundreds of remote starts but have never had issues like I have on this hummer.
Everything is connected per autopage specs, soldered and heat shrink wrapped. However, the remote start only works intermittently. When it doesn't work, it'll try to start but the passlock light will flash and the engine won't turn over.
I used directfax 1603 in lieu of a bypass module because non of the bypass modules could hold up to the variable resistance issues.
I think it has something to do with the key sense. This thing is so wonky with single wires carrying multiple loads from multiple sources. I was going to just start patching the ignition 2 wire into different wires in the ignition harness to see if it clears up but I've got everything so pretty, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. Any pointers?
Jermsy
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2014 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your H3 is very similar to the Colorado / Canyon.  I have had very good results with the iDatalink modules and their GM4 firmware.  If your Passlock2 was starting to get flaky when you took the resistance measurements, the accuracy of the value could be off enough to give those no-start conditions.  That along with variations in temperature could be your problem.  Personally, I would give an ADS AL-CA or the ADS DL bypass module a try.   Did my barbers' 2005 Colorado about 5 years ago with an ADS DL /DL GM4 firmware, see him every couple of weeks and it's still working like a champ.
Soldering is fun!
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
Seen this issue multiple times.
It's not your resistance .
It's the car. The bcm needs awakened before the start procedure.
Hook up your factory alarm disarm from the remote start to the drivers door pin.
This will solve your issue.
macraeauto 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
Metz35
if you could elaborate on this issue that would be awesome. and when you say drivers door pin you mean the door jam switch? having a ton of stress similar to Jermsy with a H3 install using a Stellar RS1050. starts sometimes and otheer times doesnt. made resistor matching lock cylinder output with the two-relay bypass and its super flaky.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic