icon

4103 dball crv/civic door unlock/relock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harrybuckman 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I am having trouble trying to get the locks on a 2007 CRV (or civic same problem)to work from the Avital FOB while the vehicle has been remote started.
I know the Honda FOB will not work.
I am also having trouble getting it to relock after the RS has started (it leaves the car open)
Currently everything is d2d from the avital 4103 to the dball. The locks are wired to the dball and only function when the car is not remote started.
Can someone please explain which way to do this
Should I wire the car lock/unlock directly to the RS brain and turn off the lock/unlock D2D logic in the firmware?
Or should I W2W the locks from the RS to the dball and then from the dball to the car (also turning off the D2D logic in the firmware?
Many thank to who ever can clear this up for me I have been reading ever post on this forum and cannot seem to find a good example.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
You must follow the guide for the dball completely to eliminate factory alarm issues and to get your lock/unlock functional during remote start. There are 2 output wires from the dball to connect to the doorlock wires of the vehicle. That will cure your problem.
Advanced
harrybuckman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I have connected the wires from the CRV to the dball as per instructions.
The locks only function when the car is not remote started with the avital fob. Once the car is remote started the avital key fob stops working.
harrybuckman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
To be completely clear the unlock and lock wires from the crv are conectted to the dball.
The car unlocks and locks normally (dball handles the arm and disarm via d2d). Only problem is the avital fob will not lock or unlock once the car is remote started.
After the remote start the car pulses the unlock and leaves itself open and running.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you are connected to lock and unlock. Not arm and disarm.
Arm and disarm will not work while running.
Lock and unlock will.
If you can't get it working with dball just hook up it from the starter.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Here is one possible explanation for your symptoms.

If the DB-ALL does it the same way the iDatalink modules do, handling the door locks is a two stage process.

If the engine is off, the 4103 ( R/S ) sends it's lock commands to the DB-ALL and the DB-ALL passes this along to the

car via the Single Wire CAN connection.  DB-ALL 14 Pin Blue Plug, Pin 1, Light Green to vehicle immobilizer plug,
Pin 4.

If the engine is running, the 4103's lock commands are sent to the DB-ALL but the DB-ALL passes those commands

to the vehicle more directly via it's own Lock and Unlock wires that are directly connected to the vehicles lock wires. 
DB-ALL 12 Pin Red Plug, Pins 1 & 2 to vehicle. 

The way the DB-ALL knows to do this is via it's monitoring of the main Ignition wire.  As shown in the DB-ALL Type 2

install diagram, it is the only hardwire connection between the 4103 and the DB-ALL.  4103 Pink Ignition to vehicle
AND DB-ALL Black 10 Pin Plug, Pin 9, Pink wire.  Did you make this one hardwire connection?  If yes, double check it.

Soldering is fun!
harrybuckman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Great post kreg !
This is most likely the problem. So the dball wouldnt show diagnostics for not seeing the pink ignition wire?. I have hooked it up but maybe its cams loose/bad solder joint.
Thanks everybody I will post back once I check it out
harrybuckman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have an idea how to make it relock the doors after remote start. It always leaves the drivers door open.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic