icon

cm7200s gm accessory delay option

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2014 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a CM7200 with Blade-AL in a 2012 Chevy Cruze. I can't get the car to start, however I can do a valet take-over with no problem. I called Idatalink tech support and they said there's an option in the RS controller to delay the activation of the accessory wire. That make sense because from what I understand, the BCM triggers the starter when it see ignition with not ACC. Does anyone know where the delay accessory option is or what it's called exactly? I can't seem to find it on the Weblink website when configuring the settings.
Thanks,
Chris
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2014 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
option group 2 feature 3 setting 4 is "gm ignition delay", that's the only feature that seems to jump out.
Advanced
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2014 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
That's what iDatalink's tech support suggested also. I tried it but it still didn't work.
When I called them back the second time I got a different guy. He confirmed that the accessory being powered up during the remote start sequence was most likely the issues. He suggested that I interrupt the accessory wire during the remote start sequence with a relay triggered by the starter output wire. Makes perfect sense to me. He also suggested that I could test this theory by sniping the accessory wire during the RS sequence. I tried it and the car started right up! Just for the hell of it I tried remote starting the car with the accessory wire disconnected from the vehicle and everything worked 100%, accessories and all! Moral of the story if that the vehicle does even need the accessory wire connected. I did however leave the pink accessory from the Blade harness connected to the white accessory wire from the CM7200.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic