icon

anyone ever heard of this? orion amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bumpn 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
I recently bought an orion 225 hcca amp. that was used and was built in the early 90's. well, I wired the amp up in 1 ohm parallel to my 2 12" subs. the amp kept blowing 60 amp fuses and I was told to try an 80 and it burnt up in about 10 minutes. I sent it off and the guy working on it said I must have been an idiot to burn that amp up like that..lol come to find out after looking further at the circuit board. it was an orion 280 gx or something like that board in a 225 hcca heat sink! I guess someone done that back in the cheating days when people used them in competition classes...lol that's why I was asking you guys all the fuse and wire size questions. because it made no since to me why this amp done that. but the guy made it good and is sending me another original 225 hcca amp..
bassss!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
The 280GX and the first generation 225 used the same exact circuit board. The only difference is the transformer and the rail capacitors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic