the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

xk05 & 06 escape not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all.
I installed a 4103 & XK05 into an 06 Escape yesterday and I've run into an issue. Remote start install was a breeze, but the XK05 will not learn the keys for some reason.
I hooked up the XK05 to the 4103 in D2D, and I have the Orange and Purple wires properly hooked up at the transponder ring (quadruple checked continuity & proper pairing). I triple flashed the proper firmware to the XK05. When I apply the D2D cable to the XK05, the LED lights up and stays on. I attempt to go through the programming procedure, but the light never turns off after I turn the Ignition on. This holds true for both of the valid keys.
Now I thought I might have a bad XK05, but I had another in stock so I tried everything above still to no avail. Now I did notice that every other DEI bypass module requires an IGN input (PKFM, PKTX, DBALL, PKALL). The schematic for the XK05 does not show an IGN input. I am wondering if this has anything to do with my troubles (unless it is pulling the IGN in through the D2D).
The customer did state that one of the keys was recently cut and programmed. Both start the vehicle with no issue.
I spoke with a DEI tech in a quick chat and he told me that I have it wired properly, but that it would never program as it is a cloned key.
Anyone have any advice or input? I'm tempted to throw the key in a box and call it a day, but I promised the custy that they could keep all their keys and I like to keep my word.
Thanks & Happy Holidays!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
I just used that same module on a Mazda 3 a week ago.  I think timing is critical between keys and the remote start.  You could try doing it the manual transmission way at the last step and jumper (-) to the Brown wire and +12V to vehicle Ignition wire and see what happens.
Soldering is fun!
xtac1080 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg,
Thanks for the quick reply. The Mazda 3 appears to be the same wiring setup minus the transponder connector shape. I'm kind of confused on one thing: is the LED sequence supposed to mimic the light on the dash? Is it supposed to go something like this:
LED ON until first valid key inserted and turned to IGN, then LED off with the security light. Remove first valid key then the LED turns back on?
I tried to program both modules in W2W mode with similar results. I wonder if the tech at DEI was correct in that you cannot use cloned keys.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Cloned keys won't work in a Ford the module needs to see 2 different key codes to program. A cloned key uses the same code for both keys
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
+1 with Chev104275.  It has to be two unique transponder chips info to add another valid transponder code.  You could do an ADS TB w/FM2 and KLON using only one key.
Soldering is fun!
xtac1080 
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies.
Perhaps I chose my words incorrectly. The key was not cloned, a new one was programmed to the vehicle at a local locksmith. Does this make any difference?
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Depends if the lock Smith copied the code from the original key or not. Most local shops at least from what I've seen copy the key. Which means it has the same code as the other key and won't program the bypass. You already have the key made not sure what a Ford dealer would charge to program the key with another code
xtac1080 
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
Depends if the lock Smith copied the code from the original key or not. Most local shops at least from what I've seen copy the key. Which means it has the same code as the other key and won't program the bypass. You already have the key made not sure what a Ford dealer would charge to program the key with another code
Thanks for that tip.
So I guess my final question would be is this:
If I have my locksmith reprogram both keys to have their own unique ID, how is the XK05 LED supposed to act while I am programming it? Does the XK05 LED mirror the Ford security light in the dash or does it turn off after each key is inserted as it states in the manual?
Thanks everyone for your help, I hope you all have a great holiday!
chev104275 
Posted: December 24, 2014 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
Follow the xk05 programming manual

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic