icon

2006 charger idatalink lock signal issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crucialvelocity 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Installed the ALCA with bypass harness last year, 3X Lock and everything worked great.
This year, no remote start.
I have entered the diagnostic menu that shows the lock/unlock inputs on the LED (menu 4, option 10) and can see multiple lock signals being received for one press of the lock button. I'm guessing this is a problem with something on the CANBUS and not with the module. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before? I have attached a link to a video of this behaviour.
YouTube
So I think that the module cannot get a clear 3X Lock signal and therefore, no remote start.
Now, I am wondering if I could add on something like a CS800-S instead, and if it would be possible to do without reflashing the ALCA, as I have no programming cable.
Looking at the diagrams, It would just be the datalink cable and three wires to connect, if I am seeing things right? I am just thinking this option would be a lot cheaper then replacing the SKREEM or whatever is putting out the multiple signals.
Any ideas or advice?
Thanks!
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
silly question, could it possibly be in valet mode?
Advanced
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
not such a silly question...
Solder, tape, repeat!
crucialvelocity 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I honestly haven't checked but have done a factory reset three times, I figured that would have taken it out if it was. There was no mention of valet mode with the original docs with this RS but I do see the cycle the key 5 times in the newest version.
Don't know if that would explain the odd lock signal indications on the LED though as shown in the video.
I'll see if I cycle the key 5 times and get a response tomorrow.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
your skim module is locked up. Disconnect the main battery, press the brakes a few times to discharge the system completely. wait 30seconds connect your batt terminals. Proceed with bypass programming.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
crucialvelocity 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you everyone for your responses, especially dasbogie!
I did try tedmond's advice first, disconnected battery, went for a walk, hooked back up, still no go. Tried the key dance, and bingo, RS worked! Did the key dance again just to confirm, and yup, no start,key dance once again, and start. Valet mode...
I have to say I feel kinda stupid for not trying this earlier, I first read about valet mode a couple months ago when I was first trying to diagnose this problem, but I figured (wrongly it seems) that multiple battery disconnects and factory resets would have ruled that out, along with the fact that there was no mention of this mode in the earlier install instructions that accompanied this unit. I thought maybe it was a feature of newer firmware... I should have just tried it!
Anyways, thanks again everyone for the advice! 2006 charger idatalink lock signal issues - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic