the12volt.com spacer
icon

avital 4103 parking light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
manahawkinrob 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2015 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
kreg357 wrote:

I don't use DB-ALL's but the install guide doesn't show or mention that the DB-ALL2 wiil control the Parking Lights.  Their

diagram ( Type 2 ) shows only a Parking Light connection directly from the R/S unit.

Think the 4103 Parking Light output is bad.  Power comes from the two thick Red +12V input wires and everything else works.

You have the older style 4103 controller with the Tach Hi / Lo and Parking Light + / - jumpers on the side.  There should be the
jumper setting instructions molded into the plastic on the bottom on the controller.  It appears that you do have the correct
jumper and positions for the tests.

For grins, while you are waiting for a replacement 4103, you could connect the 4103's unused Arm and Disarm wires to the

Civic's (-) Parking Light wire and get a confirmation flash.  If you are going D2D, you could use the 4103's (-) Status Output
( or 2nd Status ) the same way to get the Parking Lights on during a remote start.

That is a great idea, and I would probably just do that, but I already ordered another 4103 from Amazon and I don't want to pull the other back out until I get the other one. But great idea.
tedmond wrote:
dball doesnt control parking lights. The reason they flash is because the dball is controlling the factory keyless system, which would give you parking light indication.
That makes sense I couldn't figure out why they flashed even without the wire connected.
Well thanks for the input. Stay tuned I will let you know what happens when I get the replacement. Might be a few days, I took the free shipping.
manahawkinrob 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
OK so problem solved.
New RS arrived today. Installed jumper. swapped out the brains, and........same thing. Both ways. So on a whim I tried installing the jumper on the left hand side of the D2D cable pins, connected the right most 2 pins and viola 12V+ out on white wire H1/9.
Moved jumper on old brain and re-installed. Bam works.
So not sure why it even seemed to change output on that wire slightly, it was the wrong jumpers.
So I am pretty sure their documentation is wrong, but maybe I was looking at old documentation. I have to rely on Google.
Again, Kreg and Ted thanks for your guidance and help. If you ever do an Avital 4103 maybe this will help you, LOL.
zedhead2 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2015 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zedhead2
I'm currently in a similar situation. I'm installing a 4103 in a 98 Outback.
I have the 4103 white wire connected to -parking lights terminal
I can get light flash with remote lock/unlock, but no lights when RS.??
I'm at the point of thinking the jumper diagram is reversed from what the instructions say???
Rob, can you elaborate on your process? This confuses me a bit,
"So on a whim I tried installing the jumper on the left hand side of the D2D cable pins, connected the right most 2 pins and viola 12V+ out on white wire H1/9."
2000 Subaru OBW Ltd
zedhead2 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2015 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zedhead2
So far, (white wire) I can get a neg light flash w/lock&unlock. BUT, in this setting it does not output anything when RS is activated.
If I switch the jumper, I get +12v when RS is active, but no light flash with lock/unlock.
???
2000 Subaru OBW Ltd
skycruzr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skycruzr
I had the same problem. The diagram was incorrect. Looking at the module right side up, jumper terminals toward the left separated by D2D jack. I moved the jumper to the left set of terminals. T=jumped pins.   tTT. D2D. ttt
skycruzr
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic