icon

dei530t help on a stratus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sanad 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 550esp on a 02'dodge stratus i have the wiring diagram i just dont know how to hook up the window modulator to the car. I dont know if i have postive or negative window controls and where do i connect the switch controlls and where do i find them.
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
How many wires you have on the motors that roll the windows up/down ?
It's the car coupe or sedan ?
sanad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
its a sedan
jayts95 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
LF WINDOW UP/DN|lt. blue - white    |A |drivers window switch       |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|brn/wht - pur/wht   |A |drivers kick panel          |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN|blu/wht - RED / blk   |A |drivers kick panel          |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN|gry/blk - grn/wht   |A |drivers kick pane
sanad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
If i tap in to the wires in the drivers kickpanel how do i know whick side of the wire goes to the motor side and which side goes to the switch side.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
get the wires in the drivers door cause you will notice since the controls are on the door you will not be able to get the drivers door window in the kick panel. go in the door with a tester and simple turn the key on and determine what wire matches the movement of the switch one wire for up and one for down they just change polarity from negative to possitive to work (like five wire relay setup) anyways take those wires and connect them to the dei peice in the door. there should be plenty of room to put the 530t in the door. now you will have to run two ten guage wires in the door as well as like two 16 gauge wires. why // heres why the ten is for both power and ground so one black wire and one red, the power in the door is not sufficient enough . it will over time burn out the unit. and two the black wire ground will be needed cause the ground on the actual door is not good enough the door is only getting ground through the hinges so do your self a favor and ground the unit inside the car somewhere and the two 16 guage wires are for the activations., either to amke it go up or down. now you can just simple hook them up two channed 2 and 4 on the alarm or you can hook the up wire to the orange wire on alarm so when you arm the system the windows will go up . ( must isolate the starter kill relay from the alarm when using the orange wire as a trigger. ))))!!!!
and finally use the purple black wire from three pin plug of alarm for channel four. i think it is purple black. not sure test. and fuse that wire as close to power source as possible . better of go to the colum (key cylinder for power. high current..
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
sanad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2003 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
okay so check this out i find the wire that rolls the window up on the drivers do i roll the window half way then i cut the wire i try to roll up the window it dosnt work(good)then i try to roll down the window and that dose work either and i didnt even snip that wire is this normal or no.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic