the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 vw tiguan immobilizer pita

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
I need some assistance. I just installed a remote start on a 2012 Tiguan and finished the install in an hour but have been spending the past 2-3 hours trying to get the immobilizer to bypass. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to want to work. Every once in a while it will allow it to start, but still says "Key not in range". Here is what I've tried:
1) Every possible wrap combination from 6-15 wraps of the key and 6-15 wraps of the ignition cylinder.
2) Various size wires for wraps
3) I even bit the bullet and tried a 556uw bypass using the Euro install (using factory key ring wires). That didn't even work...
I can't get anything to work reliably (other than keeping the key in the ignition) and it is driving me completely insane. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am also having an issue with the parking lights, but the customer opted for the 2 way remote and isn't too concerned about the lights working. I found the gray / YELLOW at the black plug (pin 19) but it doesn't test for parking lights at all. I ran into this before and noticed that it seems to be very common on the few VW's that don't have an actual parking light position on the switch (just headlights and off). If anyone has an answer for this as well I'd appreciate it, but the immobilizer is definitely more important.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
try using the valet key. I've always used the compustar key in box bypass and never had an issue. Worked great for a Q7 2010
as far as a traditional key wrap, instead of wrapping the entire head, ive had good luck using a small cylinder, make about 6-8 wraps, then place the ring onto the key and go nuts with electrical tape.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
wrap the entire key with as many wraps as you can. use the factory ring instead of making your own ring. you know the factory ring works why not use it.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I'm using the factory ring. I wrapped the entire key with the wire I had (think it's 18awg). I just ordered some Cat5 cable that I'm going to try so I can get some more wraps on it. Does it matter if the wraps overlap or do they have to be in a line?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a 08 vw eos using an ads-al-ca and for the life of me couldn't get a key wrap to work. I tried using the smallest wire I could find I believe was 32 gauge wrapping wire. Covered the key head in wire then tapped it. Worked once then wouldn't work again. I ended up ditching the wrap idea and used a 556u using the factory ring. Worked great no issues
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
offroadzj 
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
That was my hope too but even the 556u didn't work. The only difference is that I just did a quick install of the 556uw by tagging ground and status input to the chassis ground and then using the additional ignition output of the r/s connected to the power. I could feel the relay clicking inside so I know it was activating. I don't see why that would affect the signal though.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
When you tried the 556u did you wire it according to the directions for European cars. ? Cut the factory transponder wires and cut the ring of the 556. The loop around the receiver won't work.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
offroadzj 
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yea. And I made sure the use the Euro instructions, not the other alternate one. I can feel the relay activating but I'm wondering if maybe the 556u is bad...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic