icon

AutoMate Remote Start Not Working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gemstone 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all... This is my 1st post here... I recently purchased a very low mileage 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited... It came with a Auto-mate AM6.2 remote start system... It worked when I was checking out the car... But now, 1 month later, it is not working... By not working I mean that when I press the FOD button for 1 second, nothing happens... When I press the FOB for 3 seconds it flashes the parking lights... That's all it seems to do... I have what looks like a Hyundai factory pin switch under the hood and I unplugged it and put a meter on it to verify the switch opens and closes... That's the only troubleshooting I have done... I did open the fuse panel in the lower dash area (knee brace area) and took a couple of pictures... I think I see a push button valet switch and the remote start module?? I know nothing about remote start systems so any advice is appreciated...
AutoMate Remote Start Not Working - Last Post -- posted image.
AutoMate Remote Start Not Working - Last Post -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2015 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

I am not an expert on the various brands in the Directed stable, but it appears that you have the Avital / Viper 4113

type remote start system and the DB-ALL or DB-ALL2 bypass module.  AutoMate just calls it the AM6.2

Here is a link to the Avital 4113 install guide  :

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1289

Here is a link to the DB-ALL Hyundai 1 Ver 3.10 install guide :

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9041&productid=461&firmwareid=9524

Be aware that the install guides above are the latest versions.  It is possible that you have earlier versions of

hardware or firmware.

First, verify that the battery in the FOB is good.  The led should blink while the button is pressed.

Next, it is possible that the system was programmed for two button presses within two seconds for the remote

start-up.  Give that a try.

Then verify your antenna connections.  Also verify all the AM6 fuses.

On Page 9 on the 4113 install guide is the Shutdown Diagnostics.  Give that a try to see if it provides any pointer

to the problem area.

Soldering is fun!
gemstone 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply... I had already put a new battery in the FOB... The LED blinks when I press the button... I tried the two two button presses and still nothing...
Can you give me some guidance on checking the antenna connection and the AM6 fuses?
Also, if you look close at the first picture in my post, it appears as though the installer put some sort of sticky white paper over the factory fuses that are plugged into the panel... Look behind the bundle of red, yellow, blue wires that are hanging down... What's the purpose of that paper?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Try unplugging the antenna for something like 10 seconds. Then plug it back in and see if that works. I've had some dei stuff work like that
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
gemstone 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
You are going to think I'm an idiot, but which is the antenna connection?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Trace back to where the valet switch plugs in.
There are 2 more sockets on that face.
The furthest, with a flat black ribbon cable is the antenna connection socket.
gemstone 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hello again. It appears that the system was programmed to remote start with 3 clicks of the button. I found this out just by accident as I was playing around with the FOB. I don't know how to change the programmed settings but I like the idea of more than 1 click to activate the remote start.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic