the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 impala astrostart 2100 not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnwohl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2015 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Hey all, I would like some help with this if somebody has the time.
I purchased a 2004 impala with the understanding that the factory remote for the locks still works (it does) but the astrostart remote needs a new battery.
I put new batteries in the remote and no luck.
I had given up and decided to clean the ignition switch to mitigate possible passlock problems and discovered the rats nest of the astrostart system.
I took off most of the electrical tape, and using the information on the back of the astroflex 2100 module and previous autostart installation experience I was able to determine that the wiring is (or should be) correct.
Here is the module:
2004 impala astrostart 2100 not working - Last Post -- posted image.
It also has another module which I assume is used to disable or spoof the passlock system. Someone took off the sticker so I can't identify the model except for the model number when I took the cover off, but I can't find that part number (astroflex 109-907-016-01).
The wiring to the passlock sensor on the ignition is white wire direct from ignition to bcm, yellow wire from the ignition connected to the white wire to the bypass module. Yellow wire from bypass module to bcm. black wire from ignition to black ground wire and grey wire to the module. That makes sense although I don't know what the grey wire does and what the dip setting are supposed to be since I can't look up the model and get the install manual
It has a relay attached as well. I don't know really what it does.
the green wire goes to the autostart module position marked "ground when running out". Pink goes to "ignition out"
Here is a picture of my key as well if that helps.
Anyhow, I get nothing out of the system, no door locks, stop, start, horn, nothing. The led on the module never lights. I tested with a multimeter and confirmed that the module is getting 12v.
This should be easy enough but I can't for the life of me find any of the installation manuals to see what is supposed to be set where. It;s also possible that it has become deprogrammed at some point.
Any ideas yall?
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
I did find the manual for the passlock module finally.
>>Clicky to get manual from my google drive
I'll check the connections tomorrow.
Still though, any idea why I wouldn't be getting any activity at all from the led? I remember I checked the inline fuses the installer used and they were all good.
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Frustrated. Might just get a new system. Can't get any response from this thing and it all looks like it should work.
Also I can't figure out what that relay is for. As far as I can tell when the ignition is turned it connects the "ground when running" to the regular black ground. What is the point of that?
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2015 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
Ok, well if nobody has any ideas, here's an easier question. Will the good old avital 4103 work? I should be able to use that same passlock bypass module right?
johnwohl 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2015 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
So in case I'm not just talking to myself here, would that relay be the relay shown here?
Weak ground to strong ground:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram46.html
and if so what would that be used for and why?
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN EVEN VERIFY THAT THE ASTROFLEX 2100 MODULE EVEN STILL WORKS?
is there something that I can do that should definitley produce a flash of the LED or something?
Like maybe I could connect just the power and ground and that should produce a response and I know if it doesn't the module is hosed? Sounds reasonable right?
Somebody has to know something haha.. I know you're out there, I can see you responding to other posts!
sigh.. I'm a poor kid so if I could get this working without additional outlay of monies I would be so happy. If this one really doesn't work I'll buy another one but it would be way better if I didnt have to.
Sorry if I'm rambling, it's late and I'm frustrated with going around and around with this in my head. It's like the blind leading the blind.
Maybe my posts aren't showing up and I really am just talking to myself.
NOW IM GETTING PARANOID

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic