the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm works; not unlocking doors; after FOB repl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eighttrack 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
Hi all, Code Alarm CA100 Model Alarm System. CATX100 Remote (lost) replaced with CATX4 remote (cross-compatible) Auto Door locks will not operate.
I just replaced my key fob for my CA100 Code Alarm simple alarm system and it is not unlocking my doors after programming the replacement FOB to the alarm.
Background info: About 4 years ago I lost the FOB and the alarm auto re-arm's itself after 45 seconds. I wasnt aware of the valet switch or i'd have likely set it. (in fact, i found the switch and thought it was a kill switch) after hitting the switch and disabling the alarm. I opened my hood and disconnected the power wire to the alarm's speaker. The alarm never re-activated again.
Fast forward to today, and I recieved a replacement FOB, it is for a CATX4 alarm system, they discontinued my model remote. It does work. I spoke with a tech at Voxx and he said that this remote, among others is cross-compatible with my alarm.
I went into the alarm's feature II programming mode, according to the manual, and set "0.9-second door lock pulses" because the manual is in poor english I am not sure what that precisely means. The other two settings for this feature are 3.0-second door lock pulse and "Double pulse unlock" Does anyone know what this means?
The alarm did unlock the doors correctly previously.
There is a third setting in the alarm feature II programming mode, it says "Ignition controlled door locks & unlocks, then disabling it says "without ignition controlled door locks and unlocks"
Can anyone please tell me what that is? and how ti differs from the previously mentioned setting of "0.9 second door lock pulses"?
This is a simple alarm system that is only to provide door lock/unlocking and pressure sensitivity. I knew the system was in working order and was not surprised to find that the system turned right on and went into program mode when prompted, however I was surpsied to find that the lock/unlocking feature of the alarm system did not work.
Please let me know if you have any tips or have been in this situation.
Thanks in advance,
A-trac
-8track
eighttrack 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2015 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73709949/04-Silverado/Codealarm-ca100.pdf
Here is a public link to the installation manual for the system outlined above. It has the features settings I am referring to in the OP I just cannot tell what they mean I am googling it further now
-8track
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
What kind of vehicle? If it's a 2004 Silverado like the link for the install manual says, it's possible the installer used an interface module for the door locks to operate and that it may just need re-programmed.
The .9 seconds refers to how long the lock/unlock wires will send out a signal, the ignition locks would lock/unlock your doors when the key ignition is turned on/off.
I would pull down the underdash and see if there is another module besides the alarm unit.
eighttrack 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
Thanks for your reply. the vehicle is a 2004 silverado but i forgot to put it in the 1st post and i cannot edit til 50th, so i didnt want to start spamming my own thread.
I will be back in the under-dash this weekend to look for that second module. Also, testing the connections that the installer made since he decided to use crimps and T-Taps instead of soldering them.
Also, I should add that I've had the alarm for many years, most of which it has been idle disabled and not working. 6 months ago I added an after market radio and I had to add a door chime module (its a little scosche unit w/ a speaker that chimes instead of the factory stuff)
-8track
eighttrack 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
Is it possible that the aftermarket radio module is causing the issue with the alarm being able to lock the doors? the crimp connections that the installer made do look secure, and no wires are chafed, burnt or otherwise but i have not taken a multimeter to them yet to test for power.
Also I noticed he tapped into the OBDII plug for the violet wire, are obd taps common for alarm installs? I would've preferred him tap that particular wire some where higher up on the harness
-8track
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
Sounds like they did use a data interface to do locks if he tapped the OBD. I'm betting it just needs re-programmed to the car.
I have heard of data conflicts with the some of the alarm/remote start interfaces and aftermarket data harnesses for radios but I don't think that's the issue.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic