the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v won't start my 2010 Chevy Malibu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lopezjorge123 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2015 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lopezjorge123
I just finished installing the viper 5706v with the directed DBALL2. I have it hooked up W2W not D2D. I followed wiring diagrams to the T and I'm having a problem with the remote start function. The alarm seems to be working fine. Lock,unlock,trunk, work just fine. Yet doest star the car. After about an hour of troubleshooting I notice that it does work if the key is inserted in the off position and it will shut off after the preset time too. Normally A sign that a bypass is needed, but I do have one, I programmed the key over and over but it was the same. I also reflashed the DBALL2 but still the same problem. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? There's no shops around so I have to figure this out here .... thanks in advance
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2015 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
One of the more common mistakes made when going W2W is the GWR connection.  In your case you can use the Viper Dark Bue (-) 200mA Status Output to the DB-ALL2 Blue/White (-) GWR (Status) Input.  Check that connection first.
Soldering is fun!
lopezjorge123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2015 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lopezjorge123
Yes that's exactly how it is connected. I think the main focus is the fact that it starts while the key is in the ignition. Would that be related to wiring or the programming? I ran to best buy to buy another dball2 and flashed it but the same problem. So it wasn't a faulty module. Programmed it following the instructions and even got the green light confirmation from the dball2 indicator. I'm out of ideas now
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2015 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I might be out of idea's, too.  I have never used a DB-ALL2 on these cars.  My preference is iDatalink.

One last thought.  The install guide diagram shows that the PK3 Immobilizer connector has the RED / White wire cut.  That wire is not on the same connector as the ignition wires.  Here is a photo of the Green main ignition connector :

Viper 5706v won't start my 2010 Chevy Malibu - Last Post -- posted image.

This connector has a RED / White wire that will test as +12V but it is not the one that needs to be cut and connected to the DB-ALL2.

Soldering is fun!
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
Program a blank key and throw it in a box, boom, done.
Key in a box, ignition, accessory, all it needs to start.
lopezjorge123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2015 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lopezjorge123
Mr kreg357, I actually did make that mistake at the beginning. But soon rectified. But the RED / white wire is on its correct place. I even tested the wire for 12v constant. Could the problem be the dball2 isnt learning the key ?
kreg357 
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

If the car will start with a working key "inserted but not turned" in the ignition switch, it sure sounds like a PK3 transponder bypass

issue.  As Mark pointed out, the car is fairly simple to remote start with a blank "circle +" key in a 556UW bypass module.  These
keys are available on EBay for less than $10 and easy to program.

As mentioned, I don't use the DB-ALL2.  My usual bypass module for these cars is from iDatalink due to the locks, alarm and other

features needed.  The wiring is different and they handle the PK3 and Passlock2 differently.

Soldering is fun!
lopezjorge123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lopezjorge123
Will the 556UW work in conjunction with the dball2 for lock/unlock/trunk features? If so how do I wire it?
lopezjorge123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lopezjorge123
Viper 5706v won't start my 2010 Chevy Malibu - Last Post -- posted image.
According to the 556uw instructions, all that's needed for this to work is power,ground, and GWR- signal. Will tapping into the dball's gwr interrupt any functions?
kreg357 
Posted: July 27, 2015 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you are not using the Vipers BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT, use that as the GWR input to the 556UW.  Default programming is 2nd Status.  The DB-ALL2 will be used for the "convenience" features.  I've never tried it that way but I believe you can undo & disconnect the RED / White cut on the transponder plug.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic