the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2015 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
Hey all,
I used to be an installer. I've installed many alarms and remote starts back in the day (1996-2002) but have been out of the game for a while. Back in my day, we never needed bypass modules. Haha.
I just bought a 2015 4runner TRD Pro and got a Viper 5706V alarm with remote start, as well as the DBALL2 bypass module and XKLOADER2. I installed the alarm and everything on the alarm portion works great. I'm using D2D (not W2W). I flashed the DBALL2 via the XKLOADER2 with the proper firmware for my vehicle that has a G Key (402.TL7 1.32). The Viper will arm and disarm with the factory key buttons and the Viper remote itself.
The only problem is that when I go to remote start it, the parking lights turn on, the dash lights/radio/AC turn on, and there is 12 volts on the purple starter wire of the Viper, but the car does not crank at all. I'm thinking this is a problem with the bypass module and it not telling the car that the key is in the ignition maybe? I hooked up the Key Sense wire of the car to the Dark Blue wire on the Viper (-200ma Status Output), so I'd think that isn't the issue.
One other thing I'm thinking it could be is that I didn't hook anything up to the Starter 2 wire of my car -- Should I have hooked up Starter 2? I only have the thick Starter 1 wire hooked up. If the Starter 2 is the problem, which wire on the Viper should I hook it up to? I see the RED / white wire can be programmed to be Starter 2, but this is currently hooked up to my Ignition 2.
Or maybe the problem is something else? Not sure. All the basic alarm wires are hooked up correctly and everything works.
Oh, also, when I start my car with the key, I can press the remote start button on the Viper key fob, remove my key from the ignition, and it stays running. Then I can shut it down by pressing the start button on the key fob again.
Thanks in advance.
William
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
On the 24 pin connector, Pin 21, Violet / YELLOW, (-) 200 mA starter output is used with a relay to power up the second starter on your vehicle. You need it powered up.
Did your DBALL program correctly? Are you getting any flashes from the parking lights indicating a reason for not starting?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2015 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
Thanks Smokeman! I've been searching the forum for hours and figured that had to be the issue. I found this diagram posted in another thread I think this is what I need to do, so I'm out in the garage right now making it happen.
My only question is, am I really putting the diode between the 85 and 86 terminals? What would that accomplish (I do know what a diode does and have plenty unhand)? I'd think the diode would go between the Viper -200ma starter output and the relay terminal 85 itself, so that the 12v + power can't go back into the Viper alarm brain? Maybe I'm wrong... I've been out of the game a while... Viper 5706V remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
William
Oh, by the way, the parking lights flash when I arm/disarm the alarm, and when the alarm goes off, and when I attempt to remote start it, the lights come on... But with this specific error, the parking lights don't flash to tell me anything. I'm fairly certain the DBALL is hooked up correctly, but does the parking lights not flashing for this specific error mean it's not?
Viper 5706V remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2015 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
I just hooked up a relay to the 200ma Starter Output (Violet / YELLOW wire on the alarm) to the Starter 2 wire of my car (without any diodes) and it works now! Viper 5706V remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Still wondering if my DBALL2 is 100% wired correct since the parking lights don't flash when there is a remote start error? They do flash with the alarm and stuff, though.
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2015 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're taking a chance! The diode is used as a quenching device for when the relay shuts down, without it you can run up to 200 Volts back into the Viper.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2015 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alpine0000
howie ll wrote:
You're taking a chance! The diode is used as a quenching device for when the relay shuts down, without it you can run up to 200 Volts back into the Viper.
Thanks Howie! Good to know. I'll run a diode between 85 and 86 then, as shown in the diagram, before I use the remote start anymore Viper 5706V remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2015 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Some people say they get away without them, I blew a Clifford and an Intellistart about 12 years ago, always used them since!
Had more than one incident on this site where I've suggested their use, a week later "I've fried my lock circuit" etc.
Use 1N4004 or higher voltage rating.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic