the12volt.com spacer
icon

Missing wiring diagram for Impulse alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marklar65 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marklar65
So I was checking out some garage sales last weekend and found a 2-way remote start alarm system for $35. At that price I figured what the heck... One problem is no wiring diagram was present. I looked in the download section but no luck.
I am hoping one of you has dealt with one of these units so im not stuck with a $35.00 paper weight. Here's a pic of the unit and the brand is impulse.
The wire colors starting from the left are.....
Remote start harness   red red brown orange yellow violet
2nd harness violet white WHITE/ blk GREEN / WHITE green brown black red
3rd harness black blue/orange grey BLACK/ grey BLACK/ white WHITE/ violet orange BROWN / white.
Thanks in advance for any and all help!Missing wiring diagram for Impulse alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
Missing wiring diagram for Impulse alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
The remotes sorta remind me of the Scytek ones (Model 5000RS-2W).
Aamp of America also had an alarm that looked like that but it was a house brand of theirs YEARS ago. I remember the fused white wire which I think was a parking light output and then on the other connector with the large wires, these were for constant/battery 12 volts, ignition 12 volts, accessory 12 volts, and so on.
I would try and wire it up on a power supply that has a solid 12 volts and then see if you can get it to work and identify inputs and outputs.
Even if you do get it working I would worry about the reliability and possibly having it fail when you don't want it to or damaging the car in some way.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
marklar65 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marklar65
Good call, I will try to "bench test" it. Yeah, it does look similar to a scytek I had in a previous truck. tried to match up the wiring with all of their different models, but no luck..... Missing wiring diagram for Impulse alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
marklar65 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2015 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marklar65
I was hoping someone had a diagram so i dont fry anything. I would hate to hurt it while figuring out what wire did what. Maybe i will get lucky, and someone will be able to give me some insight on the wiring....

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic