the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Ford Focus PTS/Man Trans Viper 5706/Dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robl 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2016 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
jameselantra: S P A M via Amazon.com for the 5706v and DirectedElectronics Via Amazon.com for the Dball2.
robl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
The first one should read: If I was "Hooked on Electronics" without the "Elec".
robl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
Ok, used the other remote to do a r/s this morning, pretty cold outside so it was a good test morning. Car started up, ran for 5-10 seconds, then the engine stopped running, but it did not shut off the accessories or lights. Then my lcd remote started going off with a "key on" alarm.
So through all of the recent experimentation, changing where the TACH wire is connected:
1st to the Dball2 via D2D
2nd to the Dball2 hardwire
3rd to the Fuel Injector/rpm
After the 3rd change, the car now starts and runs but the engine stops running after 5-15 seconds. The inconsistent part is when the engine stops, do the accessories stay on or are they turned off, when they stay on the lcd remote give an error message. If the accessories shut down, the lcd remote reacts as if it was a normal r/s cancel and the "manual trans" icon goes away and the r/s function is unavailable.
Is the error between the Dball2 and the 5706v, between the Dball2 and the vehicle communications network or between the 5706v and the vehicle....??? No clue as to what other wiring changes can be made that could effect this issue.    Did I install parts made on a Monday morning/Friday afternoon?
I've got a r/s that won't r/s in the cold, frustration is starting to set in (lol!)
robl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
A couple more r/s failures:
No start at work, no error message on my remote, (found out when I went out to the car.)
No start at home, started normal, 5 seconds later, shutdown, (shutdown accessories as well this time.) I caught it on video, I'll post it to my youtube channel if anyone thinks it might help.
Thanks guys,
Rob
robl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
Decision time, time to doodie-can the DEI/Viper system and go with something else.
Compustar or Omega? Any thoughts or preferences?
Are the Flashlogic and iDatalink the same thing? Websites look very similar (?)
What I want is 2 way lcd remote and 1 mile range, not too concerned about the alarm part of it.
Thanks guys!
robl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robl
So I disconnected the TACH wire from the injector and reprogrammed it for D2D Tach, its been working good so far. The temp is dropping again this week so shoukd be a good test temp. Of course, this happens as Ive alreay ordered a different unit...its like the Viper knows its been bad and wants to make up for it lol!
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic