the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Cadillac Deville Dts Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blckpanther 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2015 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blckpanther
Hello. Thank you for reading. Does anyone have a 2005 Cadillac Deville Dts wiring diagram for front and back for the Car Audio?
I'm trying to upgrade the factory, Nav/Bose with onstar to a newer non oem/factory setup. I get it wired and it starts up, loads, but there are no sounds from the speakers.
Again, thank you for your time.
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
You have an amplified sound system and will likely need a GMOS-06 Bose interface...without getting to technical your aftermarket deck can't communicate with your built in amp and that's where the GMOS comes into play...cheers
Solder, tape, repeat!
blckpanther 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blckpanther
Thank you. Also, does that mean I'll need two gmos-06? I have one in the front of the car all wired up (with it I can get it all started just no sound). Do I need to put a second one connecting to the amp in the backseat/trunk area?
shark mobile 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Did the GMOS require you to program it? And no you wouldn't need two of these...one is lots.
Solder, tape, repeat!
shark mobile 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
I just read the manual...did you cycle the ignition on for 30seconds and shut off before testing?
Solder, tape, repeat!
blckpanther 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blckpanther
Yes, there was some programming involved. It still won't activate the speakers at all, that's why I am wondering if I need to tap the gmos-06 directly into the amp. Which would either require me to get a whole lot of wires to run to the front of the car or another gmos-06. As I do not want to bypass but integrate with it. The factory harness only has 1pair coming out of it, instead of the 4pairs. It is getting a wee bit frustrating.
blckpanther 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blckpanther
Manual? and No, I don't believe I cycled it. I will have to try that. As I am open to any suggestion that doesn't involve buying another $50 gmos-06. :D
shark mobile 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
http://metraonline.com/files/products/INSTGMOS-06_web.pdf
Solder, tape, repeat!
blckpanther 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blckpanther
Alright, I'll give that a go. I won't be able to try that until much later tonight. I'll post here in the morning if it works or not. Thank you for your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic