the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Ford fusion info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2015 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Hello.
I've got a Viper 4806v heading my way to put into my 2007 Ford fusion in the next couple weeks but I need clarification of a couple things.
1. All wiring diagrams I've found show the Defrost trigger as WHITE/ Orange (-). I have automatic Climate control, and my Alldata diagrams show it as [Defrost request] -----> [Logic in SJB]. I was under the impression that this would be a data wire that I couldn't ground out. I'll test during install but maybe someone knows beforehand.
2. If I am able to ground out the defrost wire using the viper 2nd status/defrost wire, Does that output turn off once I get in the car and take over from remote start? Currently my defrost is on a timer in the climate control that turns off after 15 mins or so and I would hate to have it on the entire driving trip.
3.I'll have to diode isolate my door pins to convert them to a positive door trigger using the 1921 Techtip, no problem there. My Hood pin and trunk pin are wired the same way. NC then goes to Open circuit. Can I use the same method to interface with those?
4. I want to include an anti grind relay with my starter circuit. I need 2 Status outputs then, and the second one will (presumably) be used for defrost. Can I just split the 1st status out or should I be using diodes to do it? IF so, how would I wire them in?
Thanks.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2015 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I had considered using the Dome light (https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=136501) as the trigger for doors and trunk, and still may if I have to, but I'd rather do it and keep everything wired separately.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I've pretty much figured out everything in my main post but now I've come across something else.
Factory alarm re-arm wire. Ready remote and another wire chart I have says my car has one, but the wire list in the downloads here says it re-arms with the lock wire. I can't seem to find a rearm wire in alldata either.
Does anyone have any experience with a 2007 fusion? No keypad, non memory.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
So, I've done some more investigating. My factory alarm re-arms 3 ways.
1. The factory keyfob
2. The external keypad
3. Opening the driver door, pressing the lock button, than closing the door. Pressing the lock button while closed does not work.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this? I've found various delayed timer circuits, but they all deal with a constant voltage input followed by delayed pulse out, not a momentary ground pulse to delayed output.
raybay 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2017 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raybay
What did you figure out on the Defrost trigger (request) on WHITE/Orange (-). I have an 06 fusion, figured I'd need a pulse, maybe from starter circuit on remote starter. My remote starter has a "-" as well as a "+" Starter output.
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2017 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I used my 2nd status wire as rear defog. Comes on automatically below a certain temp. White/Orange (-) is the correct wire to use but you'll have to latch it. Do you have an aux out you can program to latch?
raybay 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2018 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raybay
Thanks, yes I did have an unused aux out, to which I wired a relay to ground the White/Orange. Also wires for a seat heater. It's working fine.
Once I realized that the timer was on a circuit board near the switch, I picked up a spare heater control and added a wire to the switch, which should activate the timer with a momentary pulse, However my remote start didn't have a pulse capability, and I would need a relay anyway, so I just went to the unused aux, like you suggested.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic