the12volt.com spacer
icon

Lock & unlock buttons work but no remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
I just completed an install & am attempting to remote start my 2012 Nissan Rogue (base model with standard key) with the Prestige APS787E alarm and it isn't starting. I have the Fortin EVO-ALL bypass hooked up along side it in D2D (data to data) mode. I can confirm that my lock, unlock & trunk buttons work perfectly on my Prestige remote but once I attempt to do a remote start, my amber parking lights flash exactly seven times.
I know the Evo-All & Prestige are communicating because I didn't wire my "trunk release" directly to my Prestige as the Evo-All communicates that via D2D.
Moreover, I didn't hook up the hood pin switch that came w/ my alarm kit. Could that be the issue? Does the Prestige require the hood pin switch to be connected for the remote start to function?.
Although I am using D2D mode, can I hardwire the tach wire on the Prestige directly to the car? Lastly, I used a multimeter to check the "ground while running wire" connection btw the Evo-All bypass & Prestige alarm and noticed is constantly gives me a 12V reading even when I attempt a remote that. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cmk0808ny
tach is not learned to remote starter
prince504 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
@cmk0808ny
Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, what made you come to that conclusion? I just want to know so I can learn f=what symptom to look out for in the future.
And can I hardwire the tach wire directly to the alarm even though I am using D2D mode with the Evo-All bypass?
Thanks!
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cmk0808ny
the 7 flash is the start error. 7 is for tach not learned. the evo should give you the tach signal. just program the tach on the remote starter according to instructions.
prince504 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
Thanks for the reply.
I currently have the install guide for the Prestige at my hands at I just now noticed at the bottom fine print it says "If feature #5 is set for Voltage or Hybrid, the unit must also have feaure #14 set for averaging or the Pk. Lts will flash 7 times and the unit will not start."
But I programmed (or believe I did as the siren chirp feedback from the Prestige sucks) to set the tach to "DBI Tach".
But I do believe the tach rate isn't programmed because in the guide programing section, when I attempt to go through the "Tach rate programming" section, the parking lights don't flash as they are supposed too.
Thus, do you have an idea when the Tach wire is for the Nissan Rogue 2012? And can I manually wire it while still using D2D mode?
I also jus noticed that my Prestige key fob arms the aftermarket alarm but locking my doors w/ the OEM keyfob doesn't. Thus when I arm the car w/ the Prestige keyfob & unlock the doors w/ my Nissan key, the siren goes off.
Is this normal? Now I believe there might be a communication issue between the Evo-All & Prestige alarm as the Evo-All is responsible for the locking & unlocking via data mode.

prince504 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
** Update **
I had to program the Tachometer for the Audiovox alarm. Once I did that, the car started fine.
/end

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic