the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Camry XLE Remote Start Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
69-er 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2015 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 69-er
My newly installed Viper 5706V Remote start is not working in a 2000 Camry XLE with the factory alarm.
First, I can't figure out how to bypass the factory alarm. I thought it would be a simple matter of connecting the Viper's "factory alarm disarm output" to the factory disarm wire in the Driver's Kick Panel. That's my first problem. I don't see the white 24 pin connector as described here:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/2043.html
Then after some research I saw a single post mentioning I need a bypass module like DEI's 555 or 556. Any ideas?
I am also getting an "Error" message on the remote and seven LED flashes indicating I am in manual transmission mode. I've programmed it and I am getting the correct indications that I'm in auto transmission mode. Not sure where to go from here on that...
ak609 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ak609
for the seven flashes make sure you you have the on off switch turned on and also have the BLACK/ white wire grounded. for factory alarm disarm you can also pulse the keysense wire to disarm no unlock than just use the normal unlock wires to unlock it. if you have a transponder in they key which i believe that you do the best is to use the 555u box from dei and put the key in the box and pulse that as well when doing disarm to bypass alarm. if that fails pulse ignition as well.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2015 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I assume you have the Toyota VIP RS3200 alarm.   This has the blinking LED in the knockout on the left side of the steering column and says "security" above the LED. This is what I have done in the past:
1.) For the factory disarm with unlock, the wire in the driver's kick panel can be found by testing the RED / green wire from the door harness. Test for a momentary ground on this wire when the driver door key is turned to unlock. This wire needs a double pulse from the Viper system, and will unlock the doors at the same time.
Factory Alarm Disarm RED / green (driver door key unlock) double - driver kick, door harness   
2.) If you want to disarm the alarm without unlocking the car during remote start, the Ground When Running (Status Output) wire from the Viper should be connected to keysense. Activating keysense will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the vehicle.
Disarm No Unlock (use keysense)   
Keysense blue/black - key switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 1
3.) As far as the immobilizer bypass, I believe the V6 XLE has an immobilizer. I agree the key in the box Directed 555U is probably the best option. This is connects to 12V, Ground, and Status output. You can use the 2nd status output from the Viper to enable the bypass, or use 2 diodes (1N400x) with the bands connected together and also to the status output; the other end of one diode would be connected to keysense, the other end of the second diode is connected to the 555u. The 555u ring wraps around the key cylinder.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
69-er 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 69-er
You know, I was hoping it would have been this simple. I wish I got your reply earlier as I wound up getting the PKALL module from the local Viper dealer. Works perfect. I sure would have liked to try your method!
Some differences between what we both did:
I also accessed the lock wires in the kick panel but used the single pulse. One button push unlocked the driver's door, two unlocked all doors. I would have liked to keep the factory beep. I thought using the blue and blue/white wires at the orange connector under the fuse box might do this, (as I have seen others do), but couldn't get anything out of those wires.
My keysense was a black connector.
69-er 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 69-er
I replied before I saw your edited response.
I guess I have been thinking bypassing the alarm and bypassing the immobilizer was one and the same. An extra bypass module is required no matter what, correct?
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2015 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
If you have the content alarm security system, yes.
1.) Disarm the alarm, and 2.) Bypass the immobilizer.
There is more than one way to bypass the immobilizer. Sounds like you have things working.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic