the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Honda Pilot remote start issue with dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m/// 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote m///
I recently installed a remote start system on my 2015 Honda Pilot. I'm using a Viper 4203v stand alone remote start with a xpresskits dball2. It is wired D2D but will not start the car.
I have the following connections hooked up:
Heavy Gauge wires:
Both red wires to white wire @ignition harness
pink wire to pink wire @ignition harness
purple wire to yellow @ignition harness
orange to orange @ignition harness
pink/white to red @ignition harness
white (-parking light) to gray wire pin 11 @combination switch
GREEN / WHITE (factory rearm)to gray wire pin 11 @combination switch
^^as per Dball2 instructions (vehicle has automatic lights)
Black to ground (w/self tapping screw on bare metal)
BLACK/ white(neutral safety)to ground (w/self tapping to baremetal)
Dball2:
ORANGE / black to pink pin 6 @immobilizer connector
tan to lt.green pin 3 @immobilizer connector
tan/black to white pin 4 @immobilizer connector
I flashed the dball2 using a xkloader2 with latest software from xpresskits. I followed the directions to program the key (dball2 status red, insert key, turn to on, dball2 flashes green).
It will crank but will not start (immobilizer light is flashing). However it will start with the key in the ignition (in off position). It seems as if the dball is not communicating with the remote start. I have tried to erase and reprogram the dball and that did not work. I went over all my connections and I'm not sure what I'm missing. I could not find a definite answer on wire colors for a 15 Pilot to verify that I have the correct wires at the immobilizer (I'm using the wire diagram that came with the dball).
I'm open to suggestions or ideas to get this thing working. I'm hoping I missed a connection somewhere that the dball needs to see in order for it to communicate with the remote start.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
Try to learn the tach signal If it won't you need to get the viper into data mode so it will talk to dball otherwise go w2w
m/// 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote m///
ok, I did try to learn tach but the led status light never came on (tried for about 60 seconds). How do I enter data mode? I was hoping I wouldn't have to w2w but it's looking like I might have to.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
what about the blue/white wire from dball to GWR on remote start.
m/// 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote m///
^^That worked!! It now remote starts but the door locks, brake kill switch, and takeover do not work. I thought the dball was suppose to take care of all these features. Do I have to wire all the inputs?
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2016 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
sounds like its not in D2D mode-you might want to hard wire the lock/un lock wires and brake wire.
m/// 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2016 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote m///
Wired up brake, hood, and lock/unlock. Everything is working now! thanks for the input!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic