the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906v clicking noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ninetail 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ninetail
Hey everyone :-)
I've never installed an alarm before so this was my first go. Everything seemed ok and I tested all sensors etc and I thought I was done.
But then I started the car. It was then I heard alot of clicking noises coming from the alarm system, only when it runs.
I was about to take it apart, but I noticed the clicking noise (sounds like an relay clicking) came when I made movement/hit the floor. So I tok off the shock sensor and tried again and now everything was fine.
I have 3 sensors:
507M Tilt Sensor
504D Double Guard Stinger Shock Sensor
Dual Zone Motion Sensor 508d
The 508d is connected right into the alarm.
The 504d is connected right into the alarm.
The 507d on the other hand is connected to 12v, gwa along with an alarm light and then on the blue wire from the 504d wire.
So I have probably wired something wrong here.
Viper 5906v clicking noise - Last Post -- posted image.
Is the green wire supposed to be spliced or what have I done wrong?
Thank you so much for your time. :-)
ninetail 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ninetail
It is an 1991 Toyota Celica by the way and the alarm system is Viper 5906v. Noticed I had to add that in the rules. :-)
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
What if you hardwire the power and ground for the 508d, directed says the sensor inputs are for low current sensors and the 508d is high current.
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
And the blue and green on the shock sensor are MUX inputs, move the blue wire on the 507m to the instant trigger directly off the remote start
ninetail 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ninetail
bs1d3 wrote:
What if you hardwire the power and ground for the 508d, directed says the sensor inputs are for low current sensors and the 508d is high current.
The 508d is connected straight into the alarm system with the standard plug and there are no issues with this, at least not that I am aware of (?). :-p
bs1d3 wrote:
And the blue and green on the shock sensor are MUX inputs, move the blue wire on the 507m to the instant trigger directly off the remote start
MUX? With other words I should move the trigger wire from the 507d tilt sensor over to the "trunk pin/ėnstant trigger input" (BLUE) wire from the trigger harness instead?
If I understood you correctly. :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic