the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Elantra, +12 volts, 1 or 2?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
I did a few 2015 Hyundai ELantra RS Installs for myself and friends.
Remote starters we used had 2 12 volt inputs.
I used 12 volt green and 12 volt red both found at ignition harness as a supply.
Now one of my friends said DEI advised that only the green 1 should have been used.
What do you guys think?
I figured since I was able to prob 2 and needed two I should have used the two not just the one.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
All of the wiring resources I looked at list only, Green (40A), as the constant 12volt source.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
The person that made this thread used the same two as me
Elantra RS 12 volt Pict
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
If Kreg did it that way, it has to be good.
Would never doubt his work.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
For the 2015 Hyundai Elantra regular key version use both the Red and the Green 12 volt battery wires at the ignition switch. You should also power both accessory wires. Using only one wire puts too much current demand on that circuit. The manufacturer uses both to power all the ignition, starter and accessory wires so the remote starter should too. I believe DEI would confirm this. I've done hundreds of these cars and have always used both circuits. You must always understand what circuits you are powering during remote start and what they demand for current to safely install any system.
sparky
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
initially I had bot acc1 and acc2 connected. I disconnected acc2..... My reason is with acc2 disconnected the radio stays off. I prefer this.
Disconnecting acc2 the radio, clock and power outlets are off.
If you forgot your stereo a bit loud and remote start early am or late at night its nice to have it remain off.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic