the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Chrysler Aspen with Pthyon 5303P/Dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wbaileyii 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
I am install the Python 5303P security system with remote start in my 2007 Chrysler Aspen. As well, I'm using the DBall2 module with the CHTHD2 T-Harness R1-R6. I believe I have all the wiring run correctly so far, but I'm not sure about a couple connections. I was hoping someone could assist me in making the correct connections.
2007 Chrysler Aspen with Pthyon 5303P/Dball2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I have highlighted the connections I've currently made, but I'm a little confused with the connection going from the Remote Start to the Ignition harness. I used the heavy gauge H/5 wiring, which will go to the Ignition. Then, the DBall2 diagram shows Ignition Input, which I spliced the H/5 wire to make the connection. Is this correct? Finally, I'm confused about the GWR(Status) wiring on the Remote Start module. Can someone tell me which wire is the GWR status? Any help would be greatly appreciated
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I have no experience with D2D modules, but the ignition input looks good to me.
The blue status wire is also known as GWR. If you're not connecting the rear defroster, you can also use the blue/white wire (H3/5). I think status (GWR) is the default setting.
Hopefully someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
wbaileyii 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2016 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
Thanks, looks like everything is working, except for my remote start. When I initiate the remote start from the controller, the car does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
When you say the car does nothing, do you really mean absolutely nothing? No lights turn on, no dash lights, parking lights? Any relays clicking?
Did you cut the ignition wire at the ign harness or just solder onto it?
Did you connect the parking lights? That may be useful for diagnostics.
Your status output should be taken care of through D2D.
Are your highlighted connections the connections you made directly to your 5303, or just connections in general?
Door locks should be done through dball, as well as door pin triggers. You do need the dball RAP door trigger connection though.
wbaileyii 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
No, the car starts, the doors work, the alarms works, but the remote start does not work.
geepherder 
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I think you still need to ground the neutral safety input wire (H3/1). Is your car an automatic?
I agree that you should connect parking lights for ease of diagnosis. Have you gone through the remote start troubleshooting area of the installation manual? How about shutdown diagnostics?
wbaileyii 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
Yes, my car is an automatic. As well, I have the neutral switch wire going to ground. I will try the shutdown diagnostics next. Thanks.
wbaileyii 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2016 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
Thanks Geepherder, that worked. I truly appreciate your help.
geepherder 
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
We're all here to help. Even I get lucky once in a while.
wbaileyii 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2016 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wbaileyii
I just realized that when the alarm is on and open the front driver side door the alarm doesn't trigger. How do I fix this? Does this require a relay on the single wire door trigger?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic