the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105v Light Output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chadrap 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chadrap
I just installed a viper 4105v to my 1998 k1500 suburban. DB-ALL2 wired via D2D.
My question is:
on my truck, the light flash output (white wire), jumper set to +, I get no flash, and no detectable pulse on the white wire @ the supplied fuse. I have the white output wire attached to the brown parking light wire at the light switch. I originally assumed that the viper wasn't supplying enough juice to flash the lights and that I'd need to use a relay.
HOWEVER, I cannot get a pulse on my DDM when I hit the remote, nor see anything using a test light. Is there something that I'm missing? Worth mentioning, I DO NOT have my lock/unlock hooked up yet. I have left that harness undone from the VIPER until I get my 451 relay that I need.
parking lights work fine when turned on manually, just nothing from the VIPER yet.
lets hear it,
Thanks!
Chad
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Are you sure the jumper is on the correct pins?
Do you hear the relay clicking when you lock or unlock?
Check your viper fuses with a meter, not just visually.
That aside, your parking light fuse on your truck is 20A and ther is a good chance that viper can only supply 15A. If so, you would need a relay.
chadrap 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chadrap
The jumper is on the correct pins. When I hit lock/unlock the VIPER and DALL status lights light up, but I can't hear any relay and I get no detectable voltage on the wire. Could it have anything to do with my locks no being hooked up to viper yet? I've got the remote start working fine. Just no light flash yet.
Maybe I should just stop worrying about it until I try wiring in a relay. I just would've figured I'd see voltage on the white output, whether or not the lights actually came on.
Chad
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I don't think it would have to do with your locks. They only provide a ground pulse on lock and unlock. You should see voltage on the white regardless. Try putting the jumper to ground instead. Put your red DMM lead on +12V and the black on the parking light wire. Disconnect the white parking light wire from the vehicle before trying this though. See what your meter reads.
How is your ground wire? Bare metal and not on the dashboard?
Does the remote start function work? Do you get parking lights during that?
chadrap 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chadrap
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try grounding the jumper and testing with DDM.
My ground is on bare metal, remote start works properly, but no parking lights for anything, yet.
I am assuming that the light output wouldn't be sent through DBALL since the white output wire comes from VIPER. But both of the status lights come on when I hit lock/unlock with the remote.
I forgot to mention that I flashed DBALL with GM5 original firmware, install type 4 through OBD2/purple. I could try to flash DBALL again but something tells me that's not where my problem is.
Thanks again,
Chad
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Isn't the DBall taking care of your door locks?
Did you connect your Dball J1850 Violet / YELLOW wire as per the install guide?
Edit. I guess you did that. Must have glanced over it.
Let me know about your DMM test results with the (-) parking wire. Make sure to disconnect from vehicle first.
You did wire Both ignition wires and both acc wires on ign switch right?
chadrap 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2016 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chadrap
As usual, there's an easy explanation. In my haste (and lack of instructions), I placed the jumper in the incorrect spot.. on the opposite port from the D2D from where it was supposed to go. Just caught it, fixed it, the lights now work as they are supposed to, without a relay.
Thanks all for the help! I should have it all complete by this weekend.
I wouldn't have been able to install my own R/S without this site- I'm pretty stoked.
Thanks again,
Chad
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2018 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
I'm facing the same issue on my Toyota Sienna 2007 CE; I cannot get the parking lights to work or (in my case, horn honk for arm, disarm [I connected it and it works in panic mode]). I'm using the d-ball 3 and like you mentioned, the unit does not send any signal to the white wire, with either + or - jumper. I know I place the jumper to the [-]negative settings from the manual which is the two right side pin if looking at the unit.
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic