the12volt.com spacer
icon

93 Altima power window amplifier workaround

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robbiewilso 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2016 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robbiewilso
After some research I have found that I have bad "amplifiers" for my power windows on my 93 Altima. I have found replacements but at over $100 each they are cost prohibitive. Evidently the amplifier is an electronic relay. I have traced the wiring back and have id'd the power window motor wires, the main power wires, and the wires going to the window up/down switch. The window switch provides continuity to the "amplifier" to 2 different wires when the switch is pressed in the up and down direction, and uses a common wire to complete continuity. My question is: how to duplicate the function of the amplifier using 12v relays or other tricks. Thanks to any who reads this and understands my needs, and has solutions! Thanks!
RoBBiE WiLsO
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2016 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Sounds similar to a 5-wire door lock application: https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2016 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Could you do what this guy did?
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/general-tech/146617-how-fix-your-power-windows-ditch-amp.html
Not an altima, but still a Nissan. Same principle.
Also, yes, similar to a 5 wire door lock as per Geep's post.
robbiewilso 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2016 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robbiewilso
Yes I scoured the web and found the post you mention. His application is similar and gave me some ideas. I was just hoping I could find someone who had the exact application and devised a workaround and I could just clone their system. I'm lazy :) and not the genius at wiring I think I am.
RoBBiE WiLsO

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic