the12volt.com spacer
icon

GMDLBP Single flash only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
balthazarkitty 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2016 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote balthazarkitty
Hi guys, new here but I've been lurking for a bit. Searched around for a while on this issue but couldn't seem to see anyone with what appears to be an unresponsive GMDLBP.
I am having an issue with my GMDLBP install in an 03 Silverado 1500HD. I purchased a bedlocker for my truck, its an electric rolling tonneau cover (if you google it, its the older model with the 4 button fob). I want to use the remote fob that came with it to lock/unlock the truck and arm/disarm the alarm so I only need to carry the one fob with me. The bedlocker has lock/unlock (ground pulse) wires which I have run up and into the cab.
Here's where its getting tricky for me. When I plug the GMDLBP into the harness with all the wires connected except purple (data) The unit flashes once as I plug it in and then does nothing. Push the button, nothing happens, start the truck, nothing happens. The only reaction I can get from the GMDLBP is the initial flash when I plug it in.
Things I have tried:
Short and long press' of the button
Tested my connections with a multi-meter to make sure everything is what I think it is.
Disconnected everything but constant power and ground, same results
Replaced the wiring harness and the GMDLBP separately (I thought the unit might be bad so I ordered another)
To rule out ground wire issues I tried 3 separate chassis bolts, not of them have issues according to my meter.
Shorting all the pins on the GMDLBP unit to try to get it to reset
My wiring:
Brown (-)      -- Nothing
Green (-)      -- Lock output from bedlocker
Blue (-)       -- Unlock input from bedlocker
Violet/white   -- Nothing
Violet        -- Violet pin 2 from ODBII port (disconnected after nothing changed when connected it)
Pink/White (-) -- Nothing (although I recently read that I may need to connect this to get the rear doors on the crew cab to unlock?)
Pink  -- Nothing
Orange (-)     -- Nothing (No panic button the bedlocker remote so it is not required)
Red (+)        -- Red wire from ignition harness
Black (-)      -- Grounded to chassis
At this point I am thinking either I'm missing a required wire or I'm just unlucky enough to have gotten 2 bunk units (or I'm missing something super obvious, its been known to happen).
Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or advice on this I could really use some help.
Much appreciated,
~BalthazarKitty
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2016 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Sounds like the module is in mode 1. The manual states that you need to start the vehicle and let it run for a few seconds before you go to program it. Did you try that? FYI you probably would have been better off getting a idatalink ADS-DL Module(In my opinion, a lot more reliable).
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
balthazarkitty 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2016 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote balthazarkitty
I did try starting the vehicle for anywhere from a few seconds to 30 mins while I drove somewhere, doesn't seem to change anything. How would the unit even know the engine was cranked before the data wire is connected?
If my understanding is correct then if it is in mode 1 then the light should flash once then stop for a few seconds and then flash again, stop for a few seconds flash again ect ect. I never get more then the first flash when I plug it into the harness.
At this point another module might be my best option. Does ADS-DL come with the USB adapter for pushing whatever firmware I need or would I need to purchase that separately?
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2016 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
*FYI idatalink's Tech Support is hands down the best in the industry*
The idatalinks ADS-DL module does not come with the USB Weblinks adaptor. If you have a local stereo shop, Best Buy, or online dealer you can buy the module and they'll flash it for you. If the bedlock keyless unit doesnt have a double unlock pulse you'll have to program "force unlock on first press" on the ADS-DL module. Here's the ADS-DL manual for your truck
Wire the module up for Type 3 (Hardwire mode). Since you won't be using the remote start feature in the module these will be your connections:
ADS-DL
(Black 4-pin)
Red- 12 volt Constant
Black- Chassis Ground
Blue/White- NC
(Black 10-pin)
GREEN/ Black- (-) Lock Bedlock output
Blue/Black- (-) Unlock Bedlock output
RED / White- NC
Brown- NC
Purple / YELLOW- NC
PURPLE / Black- NC
White- NC
Back/White- NC
Green- NC
PURPLE / White- NC
(White 7-pin)
BROWN / Red- NC
BROWN / Yellow- NC
ORANGE / Black- NC
ORANGE / White- NC
Orange- Pin 2 OBD II (no connection stipulation for programming like the GMDLBP)
Pink/Black- NC
Pink- (+)Ignition ( Pink 12 AWG igniton harness)
Programing:
Once all connections are made the ADS-DL will have a green LED that will flash green one time. Tap the programming button next to the LED. You should get two green light flashes. Press and hold the program button til the green light turns solid and goes out ( This sets the ADS-DL in hardwire mode.) Now, start the vehicle. The green LED should turn on then off. The ADS-DL is now programmed and you should be good to go.
Good Luck
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic