the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Ford Edge Push Button Start DBALL2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
2011 Ford Edge Push Button Start
DBALL2 Bypass run in D2D mode.
On page 4 for the DBALL2 it shows the starter wire from the remote start running through a resistor and to the (+) Brake Violet/White wire found in pin 28. The diode has a box around it that is shown to be needed in W2W only. Is this note for only the diode, or the entire connection for this wire?
I ask because there is a note for the (-) Trunk output from the DBALL2 and only the connection is boxed, but I know I do not need this for this Edge.
I'm just trying to do some homework before the vehicle arrives for install.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2016 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

You do not need to add the diode to the wire that runs from the Viper (+) Starter Output to the Edges' (+) Brake wire if you

are going with D2D between the Viper and the DB-ALL2 .

The diode would be needed if you were going with W2W mode. 

Reason :  In D2D mode the DB-ALL2 gets the (+) Starter Input via the D2D harness.  In W2W mode the DB-ALL2 gets

the (+) Starter Input from the Vipers (+) Starter Output.  This (+) Starter Output is also feed to the vehicles Brake wire to
fool the vehicle into thinking the Brake pedal is depressed to allow engine starting.  The diode prevents the vehicles' Brake
pedal signal from feeding back to the DB-ALL2 during normal driving and confusing it.

Soldering is fun!
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2016 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
Thanks. I had thought that may be the case, but given I haven't installed on this vehicle I wanted to ask.
I appreciate your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic