the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 f150 dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
2004 F150
Viper Remote Start using D2D
DBALL2 firmware Ford1 3.13
Since I do not have an account, I cannot use KEY2GO.
Went through programming of DBALL2, light flashes on second key, hold down program button, hit remote start, and the light goes off, then turns orange, then red again. I have tried 2 different DBALL2 modules, as well as the wiring going to the PATS connector. I do not have an XK05 or I would use it in place.
Im thinking the vehicle has the max number of keys programmed or maybe Im just losing my touch, as this truck shouldn't be this difficult.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I don't use DB-ALL2's so I'm not sure what the LED's mean at the end of the programming. Might double check the RX and TX wires as they could be reversed.
Any possibility that one key is a clone of the other? You need two unique keys. I believe you can have up to 8 or 10 total keys programmed to the truck.
Soldering is fun!
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
I tried switching the RX and TX wires, but the module wouldn't flash once I changed the wires.
I guess I am going to try an XK05 and see what happens. Not sure why the DBALL2 was giving me fits.
If anyone has any advice on the DBALL2, please post up.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
I used a DEI 1100F for my 2004 F150. No problems. I think the DBALL might be a bit overkill.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=136387
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic