the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706, Starter kill problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmatrisch 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mmatrisch
OK so I'm in the stage of trying to wire the starter kill feature in the viper system I took the vilot wire and it was connected to the wire going to the starter and the green wire goes to the key switch the starter wire in the truck was cut then I took the orange wire GWA output wire and put it directly to ground I remote started truck it worked as expected I tried to start truck with key starter will not crank   I checked vilot wire and green wire for relay contunuity when key is in run possition I get open circuit when key is in off position I get 1ohm I checked the GWA wire I get no continuity when system is disarmed and I get continuity when system is armed problem I'm having is when system is disarmed I turn key to start the GWA wire grounds out disabling starter before it can crank engine when I release key to run position the GWA wire disables again   what did I wire incorrectly.   Help driving me insane
Matt
mmatrisch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mmatrisch
Its a 2005 ford f150
Matt
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
GWA is meant as an output, not an input. It provides a ground for low current accessories (or to trigger a relay) whenever the alarm is armed. Disconnect this wire from ground and tape it off if it's not needed. Hopefully nothing is permanently damaged.
Please use punctuation. It makes it easier to read/understand.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mmatrisch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mmatrisch
What do I have to do to make the starter kill work with the two wires cut
Matt
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Connect the green and purple as you have them. The starter kill relay is built into the unit.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mmatrisch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mmatrisch
Ya but the truck still starts when the system is armed
Matt
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I think you have to program "anti-grind" ON to enable starter kill. Not positive, though.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
mmatrisch wrote:
Ya but the truck still starts when the system is armed
With the system armed, turning on the ignition should set off the alarm. Zone 5; 5 blinks. If = NO, there are other issues. If you are setting off the alarm with the ignition = ON, then try to crank it and it DOES crank, change the "anti-grind" setting from what it is now to the other. Then try it again.
mmatrisch 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mmatrisch
Awesome OK changing anti-grind worked thanks
Matt

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic