the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5706v in truck viper 3606v in trailer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drpitlikeitssco 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drpitlikeitssco
I have a viper 5706v installed in my truck. i have an enclosed trailer that I would like to add a viper 3606v to. I have a question. I understand that there are a car 1 and car 2 mode on my 2 way remote that came with the 5706 but what I'm trying to figure out is if I have my remote programmed to both "cars" and i am in car 1 mode on the remote and car 2s (my trailer) alarm goes off will i still be notified on my remote even though i'm in car 1 mode? thanks!!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
Yes, it should automatically switch over. But the remote will most likely stay in car2 mode after the alarm goes off.
I recently did the same to my enclosed trailer. I used a home siren (Honeywell 747) instead of the DEI horn. It gives a unique sound, but I don't think it's loud enough. I added two blue top Optima's and two 12v 100w solar panels with an MPPT controller configured in series (charges at ~26A@12V). While I was at it, I threw in a GPS tracker and some dome lights that trigger when the doors are opened and 3-way wall switches. It has been too hot to finish it, but pics coming soon!
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic