the12volt.com spacer
icon

Police cruiser installs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raw customs 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
Looking to talk to anyone who has installed police cruiser equipment.
My company is hopefully going to get the local police department to allow me to take over the installs on the equipment.
So Im looking for someone who has done multiple installs on different cruisers so I can pick your brain.
Thanks for your time
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
2012 Ram 1500 QC Tradesman
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
rmotlyintrested 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2016 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rmotlyintrested
I used to work at a Ford dealership. At one time we had one (or more) Crown Vic's come in with the check engine light on, on a new car. Evap codes. Was traced down to equipment installed in the trunk was secured with screws that were too long and went through the gas tank. If it happened before it could happen again so I thought I'd give you a heads-up.
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
rmotlyintrested wrote:
I used to work at a Ford dealership. At one time we had one (or more) Crown Vic's come in with the check engine light on, on a new car. Evap codes. Was traced down to equipment installed in the trunk was secured with screws that were too long and went through the gas tank. If it happened before it could happen again so I thought I'd give you a heads-up.
Definitely, thanks all information is good information thank you.
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
What I'm really looking for is an idea of what I should be charging to do certain installs on these police cruisers.
The one I have lined up is to remove a Watch Guard Video system from a Crown Victoria and install it into a 2011 Chevy Tahoe.
I have already talked to Watch Guard and they have the bracket I need to mount it in Tahoe.
I don't want to under charge but I also want to be competitive.
I'm hoping to lock up this police department and do all their vehicles but also since I'm in such a small town maybe get the other police departments that surround my area also.
Should I do by hour? My hourly rate is rather low since most of my prices are flat rates since I already know what it in takes to do most installs.
Any information is helpful
Thanks
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
I figured out what I'm charging this time. Going to do it on the cheap and see what all is entailed and after that come up with a more accurate price.
Im hoping to get several agencies and once I get a price sheet ready, if anyone is curious what I'm charging because they might come across the same opportunity just let me know and I can share what I have learned.
thanks
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
nola26 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nola26
I am a police officer and do alot of work on our units. We contract with a guy to do all of our new unit installs. This includes dash camera, console with siren, switches, radio, light bar, gun lock, computer docking station. If I remember correctly, he charges $800 per unit. After he is done, I will do any additional installs down the road as well as remove equipment from units being taken out of service. Having used Watchguard cameras, they are pretty simple to install and remove. Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so.
Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
nola26 wrote:
I am a police officer and do alot of work on our units. We contract with a guy to do all of our new unit installs. This includes dash camera, console with siren, switches, radio, light bar, gun lock, computer docking station. If I remember correctly, he charges $800 per unit. After he is done, I will do any additional installs down the road as well as remove equipment from units being taken out of service. Having used Watchguard cameras, they are pretty simple to install and remove. Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so.
Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.
This is very helpful.
Thank you so much
I am doing the first on one Oct 25 and in this particular car I will be removing the watch guard from a Crown Vic and re-installing into a Tahoe. I looked up the wiring diagram already and like you said looks pretty straight forward.
I will let you know what I come across
Thanks again
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic