the12volt.com spacer
icon

I want to ditch the keys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr.longfellow 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mr.longfellow
Im spoiled, with previous and current vehicles I've owned I love having just ONE key fob.
I just purchased an older lexus es300 as a beater/commuter car, and would love to ditch my keys and narrow down the keys in my pocket to basically just keyfobs for my cars and the key to my front door at home.
After a search there seems to be a few push to start button kits out there, some look better than others. One that caught my eye is the one from Advance Keys.
Gripe on that is I would have to carry the RFID card PLUS the alarm remote. With it being 2016 nearing 2017 not sure how compustar, viper, etc haven't released a all in one offering to retrofit vehicles with push to start/alarm systems using just one remote.
Unless my googling skills are lacking and there is some way to achieve this by carrying one Fob for Alarm/remote start/push button.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you go with a DEI Alarm Viper, Clifford, Python that does multi vehicle with one remote and certain non-RFID push to start button kits with alarm controlled enable. You can ditch the keys altogether as long as the alarm is armed the vehicle wont start. If you want to up the security level set the alarm to passive arming mode or Auto re-arm mode with or without lock.
This is one Push to Start that will work there are a few that offer non-RFID: ebay Item#282183906645 enter this number only in the ebay search bar.
Any of the Alarms that are Responder LE or SST 1 mile range will have they multi car function but it is disabled by default and will need to be enabled on the remotes. Be aware that you can only control 2 DEI systems with the 1 remote it won't work with other brands.
mr.longfellow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2016 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mr.longfellow
Not sure if I like that setup.. may just go with oringal plan of Compustar and drone mobile and call it a day and keep the keys. That ebay kit looks cheap....because it is I suppose lol.
timmerk 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
mr.longfellow wrote:
Gripe on that is I would have to carry the RFID card PLUS the alarm remote. With it being 2016 nearing 2017 not sure how compustar, viper, etc haven't released a all in one offering to retrofit vehicles with push to start/alarm systems using just one remote.
Unless my googling skills are lacking and there is some way to achieve this by carrying one Fob for Alarm/remote start/push button.
The new AdvancedKeys kits come with a fob instead of the RFID card, so you would only need to carry that, assuming you can live with their fob instead of a different aftermarket fob.
timmerk 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
Here are pictures of the fob I just mentioned:
http://www.advancedkeys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=870&start=25#p2720
mr.longfellow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mr.longfellow
Right now I'm considering the AK-PSB06 from advance keys. Their stand alone push button start kit. And going with a Compustar remote start alarm with drone mobile.
So alarm+remote start / stand alone push button as suggested before.
And I'll just carry the alarm remote.
What I'm looking to do is..
-Remote start the vehicle in the morning's so that I can hop in and go. I would most likely have to disable alarm/foot on brake/tap push to start button two times in order to take off because of remote starting it from inside my home.
-Drone mobile, I know in actuality the 1mile + remotes are spotty with range. I work inside a large building and the parking lot is far from our breakroom/time clock area. I would like to use the drone mobile to start the car with my phone. By the time I get to my car it should be warmed up ready to go, and or cooled down inside ready to go during summers since theirs no shade in our parking lot.
I have built small stand alone fuse panels for various items and fitted power seats into non powered vehicles, rewired a complete EFI engine harness into a couple old schools and own tons of expensive crimp tools and acquired what I believe to be pretty good soldering skills.
If I install all of this myself it will come out cheaper than new keys from the dealer. As of right now Im in need of new OEM keyless entry keys if I do not go alarm/push button route.
Only thing I have yet to figure out is if I need another/or separate  immobilizer for the push to start since the installation calls for one. Or  if I can piggyback back some how off the IDatalink blade-AL that the compustar alarm uses.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You can have as many triggers as you need or want for the bypass.
As for the foot brake issue you shouldn't need to apply the brake to take over from the remote start.
Remote Start Ignition Takeover
Use the following steps to takeover from a remote started vehicle without shutting down the engine:
1. Approach and disarm the vehicle with a valid Smart Key.
2. Enter the vehicle without stepping on the brake.
3. Press the push-start button once to switch to ACC mode and wait until Green Status LED light
turns OFF and Backlight turns ON.
4. Step on the brake to exit Remote Start mode and switch to normal RUN mode.
5. Vehicle is now safe to take out of the PARK/NEUTRAL gear for driving.
timmerk 
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
lurch228 wrote:
You can have as many triggers as you need or want for the bypass.
As for the foot brake issue you shouldn't need to apply the brake to take over from the remote start.
Remote Start Ignition Takeover
Use the following steps to takeover from a remote started vehicle without shutting down the engine:
1. Approach and disarm the vehicle with a valid Smart Key.
2. Enter the vehicle without stepping on the brake.
3. Press the push-start button once to switch to ACC mode and wait until Green Status LED light
turns OFF and Backlight turns ON.
4. Step on the brake to exit Remote Start mode and switch to normal RUN mode.
5. Vehicle is now safe to take out of the PARK/NEUTRAL gear for driving.
Those instructions are only if you are using the Smart Key system with the Push-Start system. The Push Start system doesn't have RS functionality, so you will have to find the Compustar's RS takeover procedure to see if this is possible.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic