the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

DBALL2 ignition GM6/11

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timmerk 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2016 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
On the GM6 and GM11 firmware manuals for the DBALL2 (standard install with external remote starter), it shows the remote starter as having "Ignition Input/Output" going to pin 9: Pink: (+) Ignition Input on the DBALL2, and also going through a diode directly to the pink ignition wire on the car.
A few questions:
1. I don't understand why it says the remote starter has "input/output". Wouldn't it just be an output?
2. Do I need to wire the remote start to a diode and then to the ignition wire if I'm using W2W? I didn't know if the diagram was showing that connection if using D2D, but if using W2W, it's not needed.
3. Assuming the remote starter doesn't have an ignition input, what is the purpose of that diode and connection? It looks like the DBALL2 would keep looping, even if the remote starter killed the ignition output because the output from the DBALL2 (yellow wire) would keep feeding back to the DBALL2 ignition input (pink).
Thanks!
timmerk 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2016 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
Follow up - I'm guessing *some* remote starters by Directed can have an ignition that is both an input and output, depending on programming mode, etc. If this is the case, then can I omit the direct wire from my remote starter (which only has an ignition output) and the diode that connects directly to the pink ignition wire?
timmerk 
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
Another guess.. maybe that connection has something to do with remote start takeover? Then again, if that were the case, why wouldn't GM10s need that connection?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Remote Start/Alarm units use the same Pink wire for key sense to enter programming/disarm without remote.
timmerk 
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote timmerk
lurch228 wrote:
Remote Start/Alarm units use the same Pink wire for key sense to enter programming/disarm without remote.
Do you mean ignition sense instead of key sense?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Yes for the Remote Start or Alarm R\S units especilally the DEI brands that require key on then off to enter programming mode

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic