the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5301 + Idatalink ADS-AL-CA on Q50

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vitaliyk 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2016 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
I have 2015 Infiniti Q50 3.7L and I'm going to install remote starter
(with or w/o alarm). The bypass modul will be Idatalink ADS-AL-CA.
Any sugestions about remote to use with this? Did anybody do such installation? The step-by-step instryction with pictures is the best.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2016 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
All connections are at the BCM except the parking lights at the fuse box. Be sure to use diodes on your neg. starter and ignition.
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
Finally bought the set of remote + bypass. I'm going to install it on my Infiniti Q50 2015. Did anybody do such installation? Would appreciate for wiring description and pictures.
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
Correction. On the box is written Viper 5301 but the main module is 4X04.
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
Did anybody install remote in Q50? I was looking for place where main module could be safely placed. Did not find any. I removed glove box and did non find enough space even there. Any idea where I can hide it? The dimensions of module are 100x130x30mm.
2015 Infiniti Q50 Limited Edition 3.7L
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2016 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Pop the guage cluster often room behind there or the centre console. Double sided tape and zip ties are your friend.
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2016 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
howie ll wrote:
Pop the guage cluster often room behind there or the centre console. Double sided tape and zip ties are your friend.
BCS locaded at the front of passanger side. I don't think it is a great idea to run bunch of wires all way from left side to the right.
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2016 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
What wiring should I make between Viper remote and Idatalink ADS (DBI mode) if data cable is in use?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2016 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you are going D2D between the Viper and the ADS AL-CA, here are some thoughts :
1. Ensure the ADS AL-CA is flashed with the DBI-AL(DL)-NI3 flavor of firmware.
2. Set the ADS AL-CA Installation Mode to Data ( one blink ) and lock it in prior to vehicle programming.
3. Follow the Type 4 install diagram. All of the dashed Red lines are handled via the DBI D2D harness. The solid
    Black lines must be hard wired. There is only one wire, the Pink Ignition wire that connects between the two
    modules and is hardwired. There are only 4 wires from the ADS AL-CA connected to the Q50.
4. Not sure if Viper DBI is 100% now ( I use very few DEI products ) but in the past DBI D2D had issues with Tach
    and the Brake signals. You could hard wire those signals between the ADS AL-CA and the Viper if you have problems.
Number 3 is the most important. Follow the Type 4 install diagram, exactly. Use 1N4001 diodes on all the (-) ignition
type outputs from the Viper to the Q50's BCM. Cut the thick Pink (+) Ignition wire and solder on a piece of 18 gauge
wire for the run to and connection at the BCM.
Soldering is fun!
vitaliyk 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2016 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vitaliyk
Thanks for the answer.
I did it all. The ADS was programmed as DBI. I guess.
Could it be mistake in ADS wiring diagram? it is about ACC+ goes to pin 66 of BCS which is blower control input. I made ACC2+ goes to pin 113 as it is made in fortin. First of all the doors lock/unlock does not work. Output from Viper is working. After pushing start button I see short negative pulls on PTS then ACC up, IGN+ up ACC down. All this time GREEN LED on ADS is flashing. Then I hear starter relay in Viper clicks and LED on ADS became solid RED. It cycles 3 times before remote gives up. Incorrect key ID is shown on the screen. I checked ADS outputs. Door/hood/trunk status can be seen on its ADS outputs. Brake status does not change.
In the Viper 5301-2LE the main module is 4204. Can it be issue if ADS programmed for 5301?
Is it possible to change ADS mode from D2D to W2W? It says it can be done only after factory reset.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic