the12volt.com spacer
icon

pac tr7 & dei 535t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darobman 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darobman
geepherder wrote:
I still think 2 relays (with flyback diodes installed) would do the trick.
Connect one relay's coil terminal (85/86) to the wire that goes positive on lock, and ground the remaining coil terminal. Don't forget to install the flyback diode across the coil. Now connect terminal 30 to a fused 12 volts, and terminal 87 to the lock input of your TR7.
Do the same for the unlock wire.
Thanks, didn't mean to ignore your suggestion was just trying avoid adding more wiring to the door. ;). Thanks again!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
No problem. Let us know if this works for you.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson
darobman wrote:
Thanks again for your suggestions. So yes, 100 ohm was not enough. We had a 5000 ohm resistor lying around and that has cured the missed roll down symptom but sometimes it wont roll up. I suspect 5K is too much resistance. Not to contradict your suggestion but I cant see 1 Megaohm being better but i'm not expert.
Without knowing how the PAC is configured it's impossible to say. I would, assume, though that it has a transistorized input. It may already have a high amount of resistance on the board.
I find it odd that 5k seemed to work for one but caused issues for the other. I would keep playing around with different values until you find something that works for both.
Kevin Pierson
darobman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darobman
KPierson wrote:
I find it odd that 5k seemed to work for one but caused issues for the other. I would keep playing around with different values until you find something that works for both.
It's not all that weird.
Here is a crude wiring diagram.
pac tr7 & dei 535t - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
The original problem was that during an UNLOCK operation, the TR7 LOCK was seeing some voltage/current/noise on the then grounded terminal of the lock solenoid. Adding the 5K resistor, filtered this voltage/current/noise so now the TR7 LOCK is no longer seeing this current during an unlock operation and does not activate the DEI 535Ts.
What I think is happening now is the 5K resistor is filtering a bit too much, so that when a normal lock operation occurs and there are 12V+ on the line connected to the TR7 LOCK, it is filtered a bit too much and the TR7 does not see the pulses. Hope this helps explain it.
For now, I'm happy with the operation. If it becomes more troublesome, I'll probably remove the TR7 LOCK device. I installed the DEI units to add One-Touch functionality which works perfectly. Secondarily, I wanted the ability to trigger a roll down with the factory keyfob to cool the vehicle down. Rolling Up was just icing on the cake.
Thanks Everyone!
darobman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darobman
Here's the diagram
pac tr7 & dei 535t - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic