icon

2004 F-250 Super Duty Viper 211HV Pls

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f250owner 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm back.....keeping this thread on my objective subject lets just say I got my switches working with the locks & tested. Results are:
Pressing Unlock switch both ways Pink/Lt Green wire reading was 12v and then 0
Pressing Lock switch both ways Pink Yellow wire reading was 12v and then 0
Now that I've established both lock/unlock wires also matches the wiring information I have above I'll proceed with connections using "positive pulse door lock system" diagram information I also have above.
After I make these connections I will post back with results.
Thank You For Any Help & Your Valuable Time
f250owner 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I really need some serious. I mean serious... help with this as I did everything logical so I thought. I am totally lost with this and hope anyone out here is willing to help me.
Nothing happens upon pressing key fob after making the actual harness connections to my Lock/Unlock truck wires using the selected (on right) "positive pulse door lock system" diagram below.
2004 F-250 Super Duty Viper 211HV Pls - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Viper Model 1211HV Harness (Below):
2004 F-250 Super Duty Viper 211HV Pls - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
How I connected to my truck without success:
Important Note #1: First I must make clear because I'm adding other 12v accessories besides this keyless remote system & decidedly ran 12v direct from my battery to a fused terminal under my dash to accommodate all my accessories & to avoid tapping multiple 12v accessory connections into the ignition harness.
I hope this is acceptable but since I'm not an electrical expert or engineer of sorts The viper Model 211Hv harness as seen above has a solid red 12v wire with an inline 15a fuse and I was required to use another fuse & chosen another 15a fuse to be able to utilize the terminal connection. If this is part of my problem (having (2) 15a fuses within the same connecting 12v wire & why I can't get the locks working I sure would like to know.
Important Note #2: The Violet wire (Unlock #87 Open Input) & Violet/Black wire (Lock #87 Open Input) wire from the Model 211HV harness diagram above are shown being separate wires in the listed diagram however in front of me looking at the actual harness they're indeed separate but adjoined together connecting within another same inline 15a fuse but both wires ending in 1 single connection. I also connected these wires to my 12v terminal with another additional 15a fuse to again utilize the terminal connection and more notably important the 15a fuse in the terminal with this particular connection blown immediately twice upon each attempted remote key fob test after I made all connections. Obviously something not right here. So overall (4) 15a fuses or (2) 15a fuses on ea. connection. Is this a problem and why I keep blowing a fuse on the terminal with the violet & violet/black wires and I can't get power locks to work with key fob ???????? I have no clue. The fuse on red wire never blown so noted.
The Other Simultaneous Connections I Made With The Noted 12v Connections Above Attempting the Unsuccessful Remote Key Fob Lock Test:
  • GREEN/ Black #30 Wire (Model 211HV) was connected to Pink / YELLOW Lock Wire Truck
  • Blue/Black #30 Unlock Wire (Model 211HV) was connected to Pink/LT Green Unlock Wire on Truck
  • null
I usually can figure anything out but seemingly not this time.
f250owner 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Disregard that word "null" above (mistake)
I also want to make known I performed a key fob test of the actual Viper Model 211Hv unit to ensure the unit itself isn't the problem.
Having the harness plugged into the unit & connected to 12v and my multi-meter while pressing a remote key fob:
GREEN/ Black Lock #30 Common read a proper 12v
Blue/Black UnLock #30 Common read a proper 12v
That establishes having the unit's #30 Lock/Unlock common wires connected to my truck's power lock wires indeed were sending the proper juice and should of easily had my power locks working remotely with the unit naturally by pressing the unit's key fob but again for whatever unknown not happening.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
I'm gonna' bow-out of this thread.
The Ford lock system in the early Super Duties is very simple and straight forward. So is wiring up a 211HV. You seem to have a lot going on with other simultaneous projects and issues with your truck. I'm familiar with the wiring and systems in a 7.3 and early 6.0 Super Duty. It's difficult to assist from the other side of the monitor when I have no idea what is going on with your particular truck. I can't help because there's too much going on. This should have been finalized 2 days ago. I gave it my best effort.
You'll get it.
f250owner 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your efforts but in case you decide to help anyone else with a similar truck and year just so you're aware you were 100% incorrect identifying my particular's truck OEM door lock wiring not being a reverse polarity Type C.
I figured out how too complete my project late last night but since there were so many views of my thread and among PM contacts by experienced people reluctant to help me and see it through and no further offered d assistance I'm just gonna keep this all to myself instead share how I figured this all out.
A cold world out here indeed nothing like it use to be back when these type of online threads started years ago when people truly wanted to help others see their predicament through encouraging those in need to give back. Not anymore. God Bless
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic