the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Silverado, autopage RS-730

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pipes15 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
Hey all- I just installed a autopage RS-730 with a ADS AL CA bypass module. I finished the install and bypass programmed correctly but i am unable to get "crank" on the remote starter??? I've checked all my wiring (to the best of my ability) and just doesnt make any sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have installing these for years and never experienced this issue before. The bypass works because i can use the lock and unlock from it. Also the dash lights come on when i remote start and seems fine, but no crank....
-Peter
pipes
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you check the Shutdown Diagnostics to see if any useful info is there?
Not a RS-730 user but if you are still at the default Tach Mode, did you do a successful Tach Learn?
Soldering is fun!
pipes15 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2016 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
thanks for the reply. I figured it out. User error. Now I am having another issue. If the vehicle sits for longer than an hour. I remote start it and the factory alarm goes off. As soon as i unlock/disarm it with the remote starter fob it shuts off the alarm. Then i can remote start multiple times in a row with now problems. D o i need to hook up a alarm disarm wire before start? Never had this before on a silverado. Any ideas???
pipes
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The bypass module should take care of that. See the Type 3 wiring diagram. If not, here is the info :
FACTORY ALARM DISARM LT. GREEN (-) @ DRIVERS DOOR MODULE, IN DOOR, BLACK 26-PIN PLUG PIN 15
Soldering is fun!
pipes15 
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
That's what makes no sense...because i get all my lock and unlock from it with no problems. but if the truck sits for too long hour or so the horn goes off once it remote starts. i hit the unlock button and it shuts off the horn, truck continues to run normally... I can remote start 10 times in a row with no issues. come back after sitting for a while remote start and horn goes off???
pipes
kreg357 
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You could set the system up to Unlock before and Lock after. Also double check the ADS AL-CA to make sure the Disarm function is enabled.
Soldering is fun!
pipes15 
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
The guy is out of town till next week. So i will look then. I will let you know what i find. Thanks!!
pipes
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstruckman
Are you D2D or hardwired. If hard wired you need to program the pink disarm wire going from the RS730 to the ALCA for alarm disarm. I think default programming is 2 step unlock for the pink wire
pipes15 
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
Will do. Thanks!
pipes

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic