the12volt.com spacer
icon

Trouble programming an Excalibur RS-160-EDP+

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sbarr 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sbarr
Hello, I installed an Excalibur RS-160-EDP+ with an OL-MDB-ALL in a 2017 Hyundai Tucson with PTS. The remote starter works but I can't change the activation pulses from the factory setting of 1 pulse. I can enter installer programming, choose option 1 and select the number of pulses by pressing the brake pedal. The issue is it won't save my selection. I've tried to exit by cycling ignition and by letting it time out. I do not get an exit confirmation, thus no changes are saved. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Try using remote lock,unlock, start, or trunk release to select option instead of brake pedal. Then proceed cycle ignitionon and off
bat9905
sbarr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sbarr
Thank you for your reply. I'm using the OEM remote so I'm not sure if they can be used for programming.   The strange thing is if I press the remote after the programming options are chosen it appears as though it exits the programming mode?? I'll need to continue to experiment until I get it right. Unless I can purchase a communication cable that I can hook to a laptop and program it that way. Thanks again, sbarr
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Does your bypass module supply brake status ? On Nissan push to starts brake status isn't monitored unless ignition is on. I know my recent installs with push to start vehicles I had programming issues with prestige audiovox which is omega parent company . Some members here suggested I take a extra second between pts button pushing to turn ignition on and off. I found if I cycled to fast there was no drop in voltage . Good luck
bat9905
sbarr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sbarr
Initially the programming sequence would not recoginize the brake pulses so I made the hard wire brake connection between the remote starter and the module. After connecting I was able to make programming selections with the brake pedal but programming would not exit so my settings were not saved. I did find, after much trial and error, the following sequence seems to work:
-press PTS 2x then again 1x to off
-press valet switch 5x or 10x for proper programming section (user or installer)
-press valet again to select option number, you will hear the relay in the unit click the corresponding number of times
-now press PTS 1x to Accessory position BEFORE using brake pedal to make selection of the option you're in
-once chosen you will again hear the corresponding number of relay clicks to brake pedal pulses
-finally, press PTS 2x, first press will put in run position, second will go to off
I'm not sure if this is protocol but it seemed to work. The biggest problem is given the number of steps I sometimes messed up the sequence.
Thanks again, Sbarr.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic