the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5305v, 2015 Silverado, Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
120mar12 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2017 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 120mar12
I have connected the Alarm with all features without Remote start (Don't need remote start for now)
So the Starter Kill Switch is not working (NC - Normally Close)
10-Pin Heavy Gauge
1- Empty
2- *RED / BLACK - (+) Fused 12v Accessory/Starter Input (Connected to 12v constant)
3- Pink/Black - (+) Ignition 2 /Accessory Isolation Wire (Not used)
4- Pink/White - (+) Ignition 2 / Accessory Relay Output (Not used)
5- Red - (+) Fused 12v Ignition 1 Input (Not used)
6- *GREEN - (+) Starter Input (Connected to one side of Starter Wire) --Cut--
7- *VIOLET - (+) Starter Output (Connected to one side of Starter Wire) --Cut--
8- ORANGE - (+) Accessory Output (Not used)
10- *PINK - (+) Ignition 1 Input/Output (Connected to Ignition for Input Only)
So the Starter Relay is not operating. I have disconnected the Starter Wire (Green and Violet) and check continuity and has continuity armed and disarmed.
So the RED / Black wire is the (+) for the Starter Kill and the (-) GWA (on board connected to relay negative)
Orange 24 Pin Gauge GWA is used for extra sensor.
**Antigrind Output -ON-**
120mar12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2017 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 120mar12
Does the Starter Kill active it right away arming the system or after 30 seconds? Do I need Ignition ON/OFF to activate it?
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2017 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
You don't need the RED / black connection if you're not planning to use the remote start.
If you're expecting the starter kill relay to break the starter wire whenever the alarm is armed, that's not going to happen. That would drain the vehicle battery. The relay will only activate if the ignition is switched on while the alarm is armed.
120mar12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2017 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 120mar12
That makes sense. Thank you.
Can I leave the RED / BLACK connection to +12v or should I remove the fuse from that cable in order to leave the cable since is soldered right now.
120mar12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2017 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 120mar12
I just finished to install Viper 5305v on 2015 Silverado WT Single Cab.
Everything works good and tested. All connections soldered.
When the truck is armed after aprox 1-10 min randomly the alarm going off without reason. The Zone shows to be Zone 3 Door Trigger and when the alarm triggers chips three times before full siren/horn going off. Then after silent the alarm triggers randomly in a minute or less again and again... Then Disarm and Arm again and same thing happen again.
Door Triggers Truck (2 BCM Gray cables isolated with 2 diodes)to alarm (-) Green Door Trigger. [(+) Door Trigger - No Used]
I checked the truck when I open the Driver door show on the screen only driver. Passenger same thing. Everything looks to be right connected.
120mar12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2017 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 120mar12
I check the time when alarm goes off is after 10 minutes of arming or closing the door.
Info:
Relay Controlled Retained Accessory Power
The BCM keeps the retained accessory power relay 1 and retained accessory power relay 2 energized during all power modes, except Off-Awake and Crank. The retained accessory power relay 1 and retained accessory power relay 2 are also energized for approximately 10 minutes after shutting the ignition OFF and removing the key, providing no door is opened.
Relay controlled retained accessory power will end when one of the following conditions is met:
 The BCM receives an input from any door ajar or open switch indicating the opening of any door after the ignition key is out of the ignition.
Note: If the BCM is receiving any door ajar or open signal from those switches when the ignition key is turned OFF, retained accessory power will not initiate.
 The BCM internal timer for the retained accessory power expires after approximately 10 minutes.
 The BCM detects a decrease in battery capacity below a prescribed limit.
Cant find how to fix the problem....

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic