the12volt.com spacer
icon

hid - f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firemanblink 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2017 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote firemanblink
Greetings- I recently purchased a new set of aftermarket headlights for my F250 that were retrofitted with HIDs and halos. The company that made them would not provide me with any instructions or help whatsoever, since I was not the original purchaser. The company is HIDRetrofitKit and they claim these lights include:
- 2 bixenon hid projectors Mini H1 for the Low beams bucket, another 2 bixenon hid projectors H1 for the high beams bucket
- 4 Dual color led halos DRLS/Switchbacks ( white color as parking lights, yellow as turn signals )
- 2 Aftermarket Best Quality D2S Hid System Conversion Kit Slim Ballasts with built igniters and D2S Bulbs for the low beam and high beam projectors in 4300k-5500k color
The wiring harness is much more involved than I expected. Most of it seems pretty straightforward in matching up the different type plugs. Before I dove into this, I was hoping someone could help me with some questions.
1. In the first picture, you will see a metal box which is attached to the HIDs and is just dangling from the headlight housing. It says Toyota Light Control on it. I'm assuming this is the ballast. I am also assuming they used Toyota HIDs as their so-called "Aftermarket Best Quality"? Thoughts?
2. There are (2) all black harnesses (the plugs have yellow rubber grommets). They say HID Hi/Lo Control on them, so that makes sense. However, what are all the other harnesses? The two with the multi-colored wire have OEM headlight connectors spliced into them. Only one of the two harnesses has a remote control, I'm guessing for the halos? They seem to be completely separate harnesses. How does the one remote work both lights?
Any help explaining what I'm looking at or things to look out for while installing would be greatly appreciated! I'm lost!
hid - f250 - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic