the12volt.com spacer
icon

I want to add a dual stage sensor to my VSC3400

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sierra444 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2017 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sierra444
Hello
I have a General Motors add-on alarm (VSC3400) on my 2001 GMC truck. This alarm system is made by DEI, but is sold under the General Motors name. It disables the factory alarm and it uses its own alarm brain. The reason why I chose this is because the factory alarm can be turned off if someone jams a screwdriver into the door lock. The VSC3400 can only be turned off with the remote or from the valet switch.
I would like to add a DEI dual stage radar/microwave interior sensor that has a warn-away feature. The sensor has two trigger wires; blue and green. I think the blue is instant and the green is warn-away (irrelevant for now). The warn-away trigger has a short pulse (0.5 seconds??), and the instant trigger has a long pulse (2.0 seconds).
There is a green wire and a blue wire coming from the VSC3400 computer brain. If I connect the wires to the green I get a 3 chirp warning, but the alarm still goes off afterward. If I connect to the blue wire the alarm goes off instantly. I cannot find anything in the instructions that tell me how to get a warn-away chirp, but not continue to set off the alarm. I am guessing that this feature is not enabled in the VSC3400 unit
This should be the link the VSC3400 install manual. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=vsc3400
I looked in the "relays" section of this website to see if I could attach the dual stage sensor's green "warn-away" wire to the horn/siren separately instead of to the VSC3400 brain, but I couldn't find anything.
Can I attach the green wire directly to the siren? I do not know how much amps the siren draws.
sierra444 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sierra444
For anyone interested, I installed a DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay, but I had a a problem with the length the siren is one.
New thread started here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=143487

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic