the12volt.com spacer
icon

AUX Window Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pat0588 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
So im trying to get my windows to move up and down with the AUX wires attached my my Viper 5706V. However, when my windows roll up or down they use 12V. The AUX wires only give out about 0.3-0.4V which isnt enough to lower nor lift a window. Is there something im doing wrong? AUX Window Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
Thanks
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
First of what kind of car are we working with ?
Second I would look into a 530T or 535T module
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
pat0588 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
Its a 98 grand prix. and i was under the impression that it was al built into the Viper 5706V and i didnt need to purchase the window modules
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Hopefully Someone more familiar with your system will chime in. I have never seen a system with built in window controls. The system has aux outputs so it would be able to control window modules.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
pat0588 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2017 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pat0588
I sure hope so. I couldnt find anything onlineAUX Window Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2017 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The aux outputs are negative triggers which cannot activate your power windows directly. You should use window modules as mentioned for safety reasons. The modules will activate 2 windows, so if you intend to do all 4 windows, you will need two modules. They are the safe way to activate the windows so as to prevent damage or injury if something restricts the window movements.
sparky

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic