the12volt.com spacer
icon

1997 chevy c1500 viper 5305V install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juggalo4life760 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
I recently purchased this viper 5305V kit and in the box came all the wiring and stuff but no install manual (which i got from this site) and no starter disable relay..is this kit supposed to have one? And if so is there a way i could just buy a relay at an auto suppy store?
Thomas Brown
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Check the Viper 5305 White 10 Pin Remote Start heavy gauge wire harness. If it has a Green and a Violet wire, you have
a built in relay for Starter Interrupt / Kill.
Soldering is fun!
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
Remote Start, White 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1 No Connection
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT
3 PINK/BLACK* (+) IGNITION 2/ACCESSORY ISOLATION WIRE # 87A key side (if required) of IGNITION
2/ACCESSORY
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER DISABLE)
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER DISABLE)
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
Should have a built in relay...
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Ok i see and aplologize..they do have those colors..also another question is im havin a little trouble figuring out numbers 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10...im usually pretty good with wiring and stuff but as what ive read on the other posts about these alarms o confuses a bunch of people
Thomas Brown
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Also on the 24 pin connector how much on that do i actually need to connect..i know most of the stuff i dont even have but for instace like the pink/white wire -ignition 2/accessory output and the - status output wire and the - ignition 1 output..things like that..i noticed all the wires in the heavy guage connector are positive but were would i connect the negative wires?
Thomas Brown
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
the negative ignition wires are there to activate extra relays if you needed to add a 2nd accessory or 3rd ignition, i thing that truck has a 2nd accessory that should be brown if you have it. you shouldnt need any of the negative ignition wires other than the accessory output.
on your heavy gauge harness you will connect number 2, 5, and 9 to the red wire of the trucks ignition harness, if your truck has two red wires (might be RED / white) that are 12v constant then i would connect number 2 to one of those wires and number 5 and 9 to the other wire. you wont need the pink/black wire.
number 6 and 7 both go to the yellow starter wire, you will cut the starter wire and connect the green wire to the side that goes to the key cylinder and the purple will go to the other side, this is the starter output for the remote start AND the starter kill too.
the other wires, pink, pink/white go to the truck's ignition 1 and 2, usually they are pink and white
the orange accessory will go to the orange accessory wire.
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Ok thanks, so in other words i really dont need much of the 24 pin connector? Or do i even need the 24 pin connecter at all exept for the windows maybe?
Thomas Brown
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Ok so i got it working..the remote start was keeping the starter on to long so i programmed that but when i push the lock button on the remote it arms the truck but does not lock the doors..what is that all about and how can i get it to lock when arming it?
Thomas Brown
juggalo4life760 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2017 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote juggalo4life760
Also one more thing..on the remote start i keep resetting the crank time..it keeps going to the 4th setting and ive set it back to the 2nd setting three times..what could that be?
Thomas Brown

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic