the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105v starter grind / buzz

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
teamadw 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2017 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teamadw
My buddy installed a 4105 remote start this weekend, and asked me to come over and troubleshoot. Thanks to a few threads here, I was able to sort out the issues it was having (not familiar with this model). We got doors unlocking, locking, lights blipping, all that jazz. But when it starts, the starter buzzes, like it is partially energized.
The truck is a 2003 dodge Ram 1500 SLT quad cab with the 4.7 v8. Did a number of searches, and been scratching my head. Never had this issue before.
Owner, Azzy's Design Works
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
do you have the 2 ignition wires and the 3 accessories all hooked up? i have seen odd things happen to those trucks when u don't hook them all up
ignition 1-blue (16 gauge)
ignition 2- red or red/white
accessory 1- green or orange
accessory 2- blue
accessory 3- black/white
teamadw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teamadw
What would you wire the extra accessories up to? Truck really doesnt have much for aux, other than heated mirrors.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
There should be a small 4 pin harness with negative outputs. A purple negative starter output, a orange accessory negative output, a blue ground when running, a pink ignition negative output. These wires are there to control relays for the additional needed outputs.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
teamadw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teamadw
That would be the satellite harness. Not needed, as far as I know, nothing to hook it to.
Talked to Directed tech support today, they said it might be the virtual tach.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2017 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
To power up all the ignitions and accessories the harness is needed that system only has 1 ignition , 1 accessory and 1 the can go either way it programmed.   
It could very well be virtual tach I never use it because I never had good luck with it. Run a real tach wire and that should fix your issue.
I always power everything up like the key would to avoid potential problems.
abethebue 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2017 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote abethebue
When you activave the remote start and the vehicle starts if you hear a constant buzz commimg from the starter the remote start unit is still cranking the starter try replacing the unit
abethebue
teamadw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2017 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teamadw
We went in and adjusted the tach sense. Buzzing stopped, but thin the unit is weird, because it wont crank long enough in the cold. So I have to find that setting, and get it to work.
What a PITA unit. Ive never had this much trouble out of other remote starts before.
chev104275 
Posted: September 21, 2017 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Did you run a tach wire ?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic