the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 cherokee and viper starter install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlasiter 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jlasiter
So i have a 2000 cherokee and I'm going to install a viper 875xv,(note only installing remote start nothing else) i have the wiring digram for the viper as well for the jeep, on the 12pin,and 4 pinand the main(large gauge wire harness) harness there are a bunch of wire I'm not sure where to install
Main large gauge harness
1-starter output to starter
2-starter input
3- 30a high current input
4-output to acc circuit
5-30a high current input
6-output to primary ING circuit
7-30a high current input
8- output to secondary ING/ ACC circuit
12pin
10-remote start activation input(-)
12 -ground when armed (-)
4Pin harness
1-status out put(-)
2-acc relay turn on(-)
3-starter really turn on (-)
4- ignition relay tuen on(-)
it has been a few years since i have installed a starter so I'm a little rusty any help would be much appreciated!
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2017 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
main large harness
starter/starter input- yellow start wire at ignition harness, cut in half and hook purple to car side and green to key side
high current inputs go to 12+ at ignition harness- red
accessory-black/white at ignition harness
ignition-dark blue at ignition harness
second ignition- black/orange at ignition harness
12pin harness
both not used
4pin harness
all not used
jlasiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jlasiter
Thank you very much! i didn't remember it being the difficult last time lol, am i putting all 3 high current inputs to 1 wire in the ignition harness (red)
so i only have to use the main large harness if I'm just doing remote start? all there other harnesses are garbage?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
right, you can use all the power wires to the ignition harness. Technically you can just hook up the starter wire (yellow at ignition harness) to the purple (875vx) and not use the green wire or cut the wire in half. That's just really for starter kill if using the alarm feature, all up to you. You'll still need stuff like brake wire (brown on 875vx) ,tach wire (purple/white on 875vx),lights (white on 875xv) if your just doing the Remote start only.
jlasiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jlasiter
sorry to bug you again just have to ask before i wire something up wrong, the 3 (30amp high current wires) does it matter where i wire them into?or just as long as its 12v constant?
abethebue 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote abethebue
I usually connect them to the heavy gauge wires at the ignition harness if there is more than one try to split between them
abethebue
jlasiter 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jlasiter
Thanks for all the help, i just have one more question/ issue. i get the system installed today. finally figured out out to sync/program and that was great but now when i hit remote start the remote chips and shows its about to work then it cranks but only for a split second. I'm sure its just not programmed to engage starter long enough how do i adjust the crank time on the 875xv?
Thanks again for all the help

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic