the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Jeep Liberty and Viper 5301

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jgarcia1925 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
All,
thanks in advance for any help. I have a friend who bought a Jeep Liberty with a Viper 5301 system in installed. I have a few questions as i cannot get the remote start going.
First off, i had him buy a new remote for it since the one he had had broken, we replaced it and programmed the new one to it. All worked fine for about a day or two, then the remote start would no longer function. It still locks and unlocks the doors.
i also get not light flashes for any diagnostics. the remote start basically turns the light in the cluster, but does not proceed to even crank. nor does it do any other attempts, all it does is turn the dash luster on thats its. no other error codes.
anyone know of anything i should look into? i no longer deal with Directed anymore. I usually only use Code alarm now.
I know the unit is paired with a DBall. like i said lock and still work ok.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
First test everything, fuses, fuse to ground etc. Then remove and re-flash the DB-ALL then reprogram it.
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2017 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
My guess it's the dball, unfortunately I don't have access to direct techs anymore. I may have an extra FLCAN I can use. Thanks howie.
I'll see what else is up with that. I can't think of any other things wrong. I also tested to make sure it wasn't in valet mode. That wasn't the case either.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2017 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
It would still have performed an RS in Valet mode. You might hear clicks from the unit corresponding to the light flashes.
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2017 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
howie ll wrote:
It would still have performed an RS in Valet mode. You might hear clicks from the unit corresponding to the light flashes.
Thanks howie. Definitely no clicks. Other option is to borrow a buddies bitwriter to see if something is off. I might order an FLCAN OR ALCA for him incase
abethebue 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote abethebue
Check the fuse on the heavy gauge red black wire if its good uplug the 4 pin d2d connector for a few minutes and plug it back in, put the key in the ignition turn on then off remove the key hit lock then unlock then try to remotestart
abethebue
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
abethebue,
thanks i will try that. i havent had time to take a look at his vehicle yet. will be sometime this week.
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2017 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Hi all,
I'm trying to find the reset procedure for the module in this vehicle. I just saw that it is a xpresskit CHALL. And the light when I hit remote start, constantly blinks red leading me to believe that the module is not getting the proper key info. Can someone tell me if the above procedure will work? Or how to reset it? The weird thing is that I can't even remote start it with the key. Unless that doesn't work with the vehicle assuming the module is controlling the start wire on this car.
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Sorry to keep bumping this thread,
just trying to get a quick answer, i tried abethebue idea, and no luck, cant get it to start. i also noticed that this unit had the T-harness THAR-CHR2 in it as well. something else i noticed is that if i unplug the module out of the car, the car does not start with the key, that was a bit weird as well. i do no recall vehicles doing that at all.
anywho, if anyone has any other suggestions as to wha to do, that would be great. the car does lock and unlock, although i notice the LED in the module flashing red and i thought it would be green when it gets a command.
thanks all for the help,
Jesus

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic