the12volt.com spacer
icon

Missing remote control alarm replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbielearning 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbielearning
Missing remote control alarm replacement
Hi, this is my first post. On my 2000 KIa Sephia, I had an alarm system installed in 2007. I lost the alarm remote control button that when an alarm goes off, the Sephia gives off a whining sound along with the headlights and tailights flashing. With the remote control, I believed it has two buttons. It has nothing to do with starting/locking the Kia Sephia, just activate the alarm and turn off/on the whining sound and flashing headlights. I do not know the location of the alarm control module on my Sephia. Some say it is located on the underside of the steering wheel. Others say the alarm control module is under the center console floor in the middle between the driver's and passenger's seat. Some websites said the control module is about a wallet-sized dimensions. I need to find out where and what is the make of model number of the alarm control module, so I can get a remote control replacement that matches the control module, if possible. Could I disable the alarm control module in the meantime so I can drive the vehicle with the disabled alarm? Any helpful hints, comments, feedback/advice is greatly appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If the whining noise is coming from a siren mounted under the hood, follow the wire from the siren through the firewall and then to the alarm brain.
If there is a flashing light mounted to the dash press it and see if it is is spring loaded. If it is spring loaded, turn the key to the run position and press that button.
If it is not spring loaded, the wires from it will lead you to the alarm brain as well.
newbielearning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2017 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbielearning
thanks, i am an idiot, for your last post. I appreciated it.
Update:
I followed the igntion cylinder lock wires connectors and noticed two separate fuses connectors leading back to the rear above the driver's side floor.One was 10 amp fuse, the other was 15 amp fuse (both by colors red and blue). I pulled both of those two fuses out and so far no siren whining noise and the flashing lights disappeared when trying to start the motor. Will keep posted as to the location of the alarm console module if I can find it.
newbielearning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbielearning
Update and more fully detail
I had my 2000 Kia Sephia installed a car alarm system (flashing lights and screaming siren only) in 2005 or 2006 with a two button remote control (lock and unlock icons, I believed as i remembered it). The two button remote control is missing and I need two remote controls with lock and unlock icons buttons replacements. I don't know what is the specific type of remote control buttons model number/name that would work with this particular alarm control console. Is the remote control buttons is the same as it would be called FOB? Is there a universal type of remote control buttons that would work with this particular alarm control console?
I cannot start or turn over (cranking) my 2000 Kia Sephia. The alarm goes off and the only way to stop the alarm was to disconnect the battery. I also discovered that there are two fuses on the wiring. 15 amp and 10 amp fuses spliced in between wires that goes directly to the alarm control console. When I reconnected the battery, the alarm goes off with the flashing lights and screaming siren sound. I then removed both fuses on the wiring and it stopped the flashing lights and the siren. I then tried to start or turn over or cranking the igntion and nothing happens, no clicking sounds on the start/on position or anywhere on the ignition switch for that matter. Does this alarm stopped me from starting the vehicle, even though I removed the two fuses?   I thought the Alarm control console has a "valet button" somewhere to bypass the alarm or disabled the alarm so I can start my vehicle. Is that true?
I looked under the steering wheel to locate the alarm control console and I found it on the right side of the steering wheel column (facing me). It is black in color and is wallet-sized type about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide and noticed the name Avital with 1200 on it. I tried to get the model number on the back side of the Avital alarm control console but it is extremely difficult to see due to the limited space and wiring and parts in the way. It is also extremely hard and uncomfortable lying on the driver's side floor to locate and identify the alarm control console underneath the steering wheel column. Also, right next to the alarm control console is a disconnected small black box about 1 and half inches wide and 2 inches long called Shock Sensor that was loose and not tightened. I pulled that out and saw the model number is Shock Sensor KS-9492 with two leds lights (red and green colors).
Below that Shock Sensor black box is KARR sensitivity adjustment (phillips type screw, min, max) with 4 pin male connectors on the side of the black box. I don't see a 4 pin female connector anywhere near the alarm control console that should connect to the 4 male pin connector on the Shock Sensor black box.
I need a replacement two button remote control to stop and start the alarm. What would be the model name and number of the remote control buttons that would work on this particular Avital control console? Also, do I need to programmed or reprogrammed the remote control to make it work with the alarm control console and if so how? Is there a specific manual or instructions guides available to help me with this issue?
Any comments, feedback, advice is greatly appreciated. I will follow up on this issue.
newbielearning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbielearning
Update:
i am an idiot, I forgot to add your comments concerning the flashing light mounted to the dash press it and see if it is is spring loaded. I did check that out and it is not spring loaded. Thanks for the tip!
I was abled to remove the alarm control console due to cutting zip ties that were holding the console. The Avital model is 2100. Also, I was abled to get the owner's manual on this particular model. In addition, I ordered two remote control FOB for the Avital 2100 model. The owner's manual explained the process of programming the remote control. I think I covered pretty much everything that needs to be done in order to make this work, unless I am missing something. Thanks to all for reading and writing coments Will follow up on this as soon as the remote control buttons arrrived and report on my progress in this forum.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic