the12volt.com spacer
icon

installing cap fail?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zetta 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2017 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zetta
Hello i just recently got a used 2008 lancer gts, before the lancer i had a 2001 ford sport trac witch i had a 12" 500w [1000wpeak]sub kicker with a 1000 watt koiiler 4 chanel amp everything on
4 gauge wire [no capacitor] i sold the truck but removed my sound system sub,wires,amp
now i got the lancer and i installed my old sound system the car has a built in sub and amp so i added my set up as well the sub did not perform well and my head lights stared to dim a bit.
so i got a cap the boss CPBK2 2 farad and i installed it i charged it correctly and grounded well. i test it with a multi meter for the ground.
when i put everything on its place for the test the capacitor started to do a constant beep when the bass hits. indicating one of 3 things
Audible warning tone for reverse polarity
Audible warning tone for low battery voltage
Audible warning tone for voltage overload
the manual does help at all
things i did to try to fix it
sanded off the ground area for better connection-nothing same beep
unpluggedand trun off the amp and let the cap run by it self to see if the amp was the problem-same problem so its not the amp
i did built for my friend 6 months back 2-12" jbl 500rms[1000peak]" and a boss 2000watt amp and 8 gauge wire and the same cap boss 2 farad
so i got the one in the lancer and test it on my friends built to see if it was a bad cap-the cap was full operational no issues
with everything i verified if there was a voltage drop with the multi meter on the cap the amp and the car battery everything was normal
i went to walt-mart and got a Scosche 500K Micro-Farad Capacitor cap] just to see if the cap was 'too' big
similar problem the cap will go off after a few bass hits the LCD digital voltage display will turn off [still don't know what that means so i take it as a the same problem]
running out of options on now
what i have left is lower the gauge wire from 4 to 8
directly install the positive to the alternator
get a extra battery and ditch the caps
make new ground connections holes on the car
anyone can help?
sorry English is not my main language sorry for bad English

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic