the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start/Alarm Issue, 04 Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gregsenne 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gregsenne
I have a Audiovox / Pursuit PRO-9275T installed in my 2004 Silverado
It has worked great up until recently. I found a loose bolt under the dash where all the grounds were connected, including the remote starter and my entire dash (my dash was glitching out). Since then, my remote start has been having problems.
When I remote start the truck, it starts, then dies instantly. In addition, the doors no longer lock or unlock with the keyfob, and the parking lights don't appear to be working with the unit either (parking lights work fine under normal truck operation). When I press lock or unlock, I hear relays in the unit clicking, but no parking light flash, and no lock or unlock. Parking lights also don't flash when I'm in programming mode, like the instructions say it will. When I press unlock, the dome light no longer comes on. If I start the truck normally, then use the keyfob to keep the truck running after I pull the key out, it works fine. The truck stays running with the key out of the ignition. When the key is out and it is running, opening the hood shuts it down, pressing the brake shuts it down, and revving the engine above around 2k RPMs also shuts the truck off, so I know the PassLock wires are okay, the inhibitor wires are okay, and the tach wire is okay.
Looking in the installation manual, it outlines a procedure to go into diagnostic mode to tell what the fault of the last remote start shutdown was. The menu on the unit doesn't match the menu in the book. The book says that "Feature 10" in the programming is diagnostic mode, and I need to set it to option 2. But then when it talks about debugging mode, it says "Feature 7". The book says to turn ignition on, press pushbutton 3 times, turn off ign, turn back on, press pushbutton 2 more times, then im in programming. Then, press "1" (which is lock) on the keyfob 10 times, and then it will flash 3 times (mine clicked 10 (it won't flash the parking lights)). I'm not convinced that I set the programming right, because nothing the unit did matched the manual I have.
Fuses appear fine unless theres something I'm missing, but I'd figure they are fine since the relays in the unit still click, and it attempts a remote start. Ground wire is tight (now). The on/off switch that should be wired in is wired directly to ground.
Thanks for any help or pointers.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
What bypass module are you using?
gregsenne 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2017 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gregsenne
I figured it out last night, there is a GM-SL data interface module hooked up to the remote start, and it somehow lost it's programming. Apparently the data interface module not only controls the passlock, but the parking lights, door locks, and dome light.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic